Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else have this problem?

(4 Posts)
Historyrepeating1234 Fri 03-Apr-20 02:12:25

TIA for any responses. We’ve have sleep problems with DD since she was 9 months old, she’s now 20 months. For the last 3-4 months she has done the same thing most nights. She has a very good bedtime routine and rarely resists going to bed, she even tries to get in her gro bag herself. She self settles and falls asleep quickly. Then she wakes usually between 11-12 and is awake for about 3 hours just babbling and rolling round her cot. We have tried everything, she’s not crying or unhappy just awake. I always check on her, change nappy etc but I have taken to leaving her to self settle again. Of course I am awake until she falls asleep... often longer. It’s absolutely ruining my own sleep pattern and I feel exhausted all the time. Once she’s back to sleep that’s it and I have to wake her every morning.She naps for about an hour in the afternoon (round 12 or 1ish). Nap or no nap she just does the same. What she eats/ drinks makes no difference Mx Even in these strange times I am keeping her busy all day, activities, daily walk etc. She can be exhausted at bedtime and still the same thing happens. We had 3 days in the first week of lock down where she slept all night and I thought we’d moved on, but she just started to act up again on the 4th night. She’s a happy soul with very good understanding but isn’t talking yet, I can’t help but think her speech etc would be developing better if she was more rested. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Historyrepeating1234 Wed 08-Apr-20 15:58:17

Bump

burritofan Wed 08-Apr-20 17:34:37

If she's not unhappy and not crying, and goes back to sleep herself, what's the problem? Just leave her to it? Turn the monitor down a bit so you'd still wake up if she cried but otherwise ignore, don't go and change her nappy or try to get her to sleep.

Historyrepeating1234 Wed 08-Apr-20 23:32:45

Thank you for the response, is it not awful of me to leave her awake for hours alone? I just feel so bad sleeping whilst she’s awake like that. I know she’s safe in her cot etc. I’ve ignored her before but been awake and it can literally take 2-3 hours.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »