Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

12 week old rolling over and sleeping on front

(4 Posts)
SamiP Tue 11-Sep-07 07:49:21

My DD is 12 weeks old and has just learnt to roll over onto her front, she does this from the right side only and can't roll back very well at the moment.

she sleeps in her cot bed in a gro bag with no other blankets etc in the bed. I put her to bed on her back but she has started rolling over on her side and sleeping. Last night i found her asleep on her front wedged to the side of the bed. She was sound asleep but I was panicking!

we put her back to bed on her back quite close to the right hand side of the cot to stop her from rolling over onto her side, which half worked (she's now rolled around somehow onto her side) but looked v uncomfortable and then I was worried about her head banging the side of the bed.

Apart from checking her frequently in the night does anyone have any advice? And should i be worried that she is sleeping on her front?

Trinityrhino Tue 11-Sep-07 07:53:25

I thought that as soon as they can put themselves on their front then its ok (or is it when they can roll back onto their back by them selves)

Hmm sorry no advice really

AlistairSim Tue 11-Sep-07 08:13:39

I had exactly the same with my dd but she was even younger.

Spent several nights watching her like a very paranoid hawk and turning her over whenever she fell asleep.

Was eventually told by my laughing mother and hv that it was fine and nothing to worry about. Apparently, if they can do it themselves, it's safe.

SamiP Tue 11-Sep-07 12:57:59

Thanks, that's reassuring. Spoken to HV who said if she wants to go on front she will and there's not much we can do about it except keep putting her to bed on her back. Hopefully she will learn to roll back soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now