Talk

Advanced search

9 mo asleep on her tummy - do I bother rolling her over?

(6 Posts)
Scoobi6 Fri 07-Sep-07 21:04:44

She could probably roll herself back if she really wanted to, but is sometimes stuck on her tummy. She is fast asleep, each time I've turned her over before she's woken up hmm

Do I still need to worry about her sleeping on her tum?

whomovedmychocolate Fri 07-Sep-07 21:06:15

I wouldn't DD started to do this at 9 months too. Now she sleeps wedged in the corner of her cot, head pressed firmly against the wooden bit - looks really uncomfortable but she seems to like it hmm.

Apparently once they can roll over the risk of SIDS plummets.

lulalullabye Fri 07-Sep-07 21:07:57

My dd used to sleep at all different angles, and still does. Don't worry they will move if they are uncomfortable.

Scoobi6 Fri 07-Sep-07 21:28:51

Thanks, I'll leave her in peace then

PanicPants Fri 07-Sep-07 21:33:39

I still roll ds over and he's 2!!!! blush

Seona1973 Sat 08-Sep-07 09:46:05

At this age I would just leave your lo to sleep how they like. This is the official advice from the SIDS website:

My baby keeps rolling onto the front. What should I do?

If your baby is less than six months old and you find him sleeping on his tummy, gently turn him onto his back. Don’t feel you need to keep getting up all night to check on this. After six months, babies can usually roll onto their backs themselves, so leave him to find his own position. Whatever your babies age, always place them to sleep on the back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now