Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

CC with 9month old -need moral support

(10 Posts)
nicky111 Thu 06-Sep-07 19:23:17

hi this is the first night of CC with DD2, I did it v.successfully with DD1 but she was 18 months. feel awful about doing it to DD2 as she is such a sweetie but she will not sleep in her cot and always wants to feed to sleep and DP need an evening out without too much hassle for baby sitter. Am I doing the right thing? She is just calling for me at the mopment, not upset but just wondering when I am going to come and get her out of this cot thing and feed her so she can go to sleep. DP is hiding in the toilethmm

nicky111 Thu 06-Sep-07 19:31:57

guess i'm on my own then

maltatheterrible Thu 06-Sep-07 19:39:53

just replying so you don't feel totally on your own, and I am too much of a wuss to do CC so am up all night with a v v v demanding baby

my mum did the CC thing with me 28 years ago and I still love her, and your daughter will still love you too

best of luck, i'm off for the evening now but didn't want to leave you unanswered

caspercat Thu 06-Sep-07 19:42:36

You're not on your own, i think this is just a quiet time cos a lot of people prob putting their lo to bed.
I'm nowhere near an expert (esp as only have 1 DD so don't have another one to think about) but we did CC with our DD and she was only 4mths old (i know a lot of people will disagree with that!), but it definitely worked for us. She now goes in her cot wide awake, sometimes even jumps up and laughs, but i close the door and we hear nothing till the morning. She sleeps like a dream and is a very happy baby when awake. She's now 13mths old. It was really tough at first, but only took about 3 nights at the most.
Am sure somebody much wiser will be along soon, but I think you are doing the right thing. It's a cliche, but a happy mum is a happy baby!
How old is your lo??
Good luck xx

GreenGlassGoblin Thu 06-Sep-07 19:44:04

how is your dd now? Calling out for you rather than crying sounds good already! Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

nicky111 Thu 06-Sep-07 19:54:06

thanks, sorry if I sounded a bit moody, am a bit stressed, in fact rather upset, but having done it before, I know it will be for the best. we want to move her in with her big sister bit need to ensure she will go to sleep quietly before we do that. She settles as soon as either of us go in to see her buit is extremely distressed when we leave. itr's awful, I feel so terrible about it.

GreenGlassGoblin Thu 06-Sep-07 19:58:35

It's hard, isn't it? Is she settling yet?

nicky111 Thu 06-Sep-07 20:11:58

all is quiet. Am so relieved. thankyou - a few kind words really go a long way when doung something like this. smile

GreenGlassGoblin Thu 06-Sep-07 21:42:47

Nicky, I'm really glad it's all gone well. Here's hoping for a quiet night for yousmile

lilysma Fri 07-Sep-07 15:44:37

Just wanted to add a message of support, as I've found there aren't that many CCers on MN! I resorted to it when DD was 6 months old as I was starting to feel really low after 3 months of her waking every two hours and nothing else worked. It has mainly worked although she still wakes and cries in the night once or twice a week, but this is slowly diminishing. Once we had done it I was able to be a better daytime mummy due to feeling a bit more sane!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now