Talk

Advanced search

‘Move’ babys routine forward? Early bedtime

(4 Posts)
Yrmyfavourite Thu 27-Feb-20 07:48:42

Hello!

My 4mo is an absolute angel and sttn 12 hours however she’s got herself into a pretty solid sleep routine which goes as follows;

Wake 6:00am
Nap 7:30 - 8:30
Nap 10:30-11:00 up to 2 hours
Nap 3:00-3:45
Bed 6:00pm

I don’t mind getting up early As I’ve always been an early riser but because of her routine, we have to be home before 5pm to start bath bottle etc. Which means we can’t take her to see her grandparents or out for a family meal in an evening. I’ve tried getting her to nap instead of going to bed but if she’s not had her bath she just starts to cry and fights it because she seemingly knows it should be bedtime soon!

Any tips on moving bedtime to slightly later?

Thanks smile

EmmaGrundyForPM Thu 27-Feb-20 07:54:18

I wouldnt even think of taking her out in the evening if shes a good sleeper.

Both my DC slept 12 hours by 4 months. I just moved the times slowly so that it was 7 - 7 which suited us best. I can't remember exactly how I did it but it was easy.
I then didnt do anything to disrupt that. I was a pain occasionally but to my mind, nothing was worth disrupting a good sleep routine!

fishonabicycle Thu 27-Feb-20 07:57:44

She's only 4 months - this routine will soon change anyway - babies change all the time.

jjejed Thu 27-Feb-20 08:01:45

Mine was like this and people just had to fit in with his routine if they wanted to see him. If I wanted to go out in the evening, I got a babysitter. He's over one now and is more flexible if we want to go out for the day and come home a bit later, but generally I still stick to the routine for an easy life for everyone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »