Talk

Advanced search

Sleep deprivation zzz

(67 Posts)
Squeakybubbles26 Tue 14-Jan-20 20:11:16

Just thought I'd start a discussion and see if anyone else is feeling that dreaded "are we going to get any sleep tonight" feeling...

Our background have 2 young girls 3y and 6months! DD1 usually a pretty good sleeper and DD2 was getting better HOWEVER Since Christmas it's been a lot worse .. both of them waking numerous times in the night but now the icing on the cake ...they both have colds ahhh!
I can feel it's gonna be a long night already, the baby is coughing in her sleep.

So I feel I need to either laugh or joke about it otherwise I'll cry lol soo anyone else wanna join my midnight party .. open til early hours come on in!

GingerBeverage Tue 14-Jan-20 20:25:39

FTM - and I haven't slept longer than 3 hours in a row for 4 months haha.
Most of the time it's less than 2 hours! Wheee!

Chocolate is my only constant companion.

Redhorss Tue 14-Jan-20 20:25:52

Hi.

Our DD (4.5 months) was sleeping 7-8 hours chunks, but has hit a regression and is up a few times a night at the min 😩

She has left to roll though - so its fab that she is developing!

Im sure we will speak in the wee hours. Haha.

Redhorss Tue 14-Jan-20 20:26:37

*learnt to roll

Squeakybubbles26 Tue 14-Jan-20 20:30:28

Hi @GingerBeverage @Redhorss ah the 4 month regression we hit that well. Thankfully it's passed and it helped with both the night time and day naps too! Even saw progress before Christmas when DD2 slept through!!
Been up withDD2 twice since posting initial post .. send wine!
Chocolate fixes everything.. hard when your trying to be good tho sad

Lolacat1234 Tue 14-Jan-20 20:31:58

9 month old still having a night feed and up a couple of times either side of this on a bad night! The inconsistency of her sleep is the worst, I hate going to bed not knowing if she's gonna be awful or just about OK. I also have a perforated eardrum at the moment and am sleeping crap anyway regardless of how she sleeps! Can I join?

gaffamate Tue 14-Jan-20 20:33:29

4yo DD still waking twice a night and tag teaming with ds who has just hit 4 month regression, but DD trained me well and I can cope reasonably well with being woken every hour. What breaks me is having insomnia when everyone else is asleep sad

GingerBeverage Tue 14-Jan-20 20:34:34

Hey Squeaky, I'm lying in darkness with LO as he's woken up 4 times since I put him to sleep 90min ago. 🥳
It's going to be a long night, I can tell.

Selfsettling3 Tue 14-Jan-20 20:36:10

I have the same aged girls. DH is responsible for DD1 overnight. Last night DD2 woke up at least every hour and half from the start of the feed to start of the next feed. She is also nolonger happy with cosleeping and wants to be on my laying chest or perhaps back inside me.

coffeeiseverything Tue 14-Jan-20 20:39:02

I definitely know the feeling, I have a 14 month old DS who has always been a terrible sleeper, but it did get better before Christmas and then went back down hill! Last night he was awake from 11.30-2am! I feel your pain.

Ohwhocares22 Tue 14-Jan-20 20:39:33

Me,me, me!! Dd 3y4m was a brilliant sleeper until Christmas. Fear of Santa plus a new baby have ruined her sleep and the baby, who is 2 weeks old, DOES NOT SLEEP!! I fear I am going mad!

Squeakybubbles26 Tue 14-Jan-20 20:42:43

@Lolacat1234 that's what I hate the not knowing how the night is going to go! Ouch that sounds painful, hope you feel better soon.

@gaffamate it's surprising how we can cope on little sleep..I do miss a good nights sleep! Ah insomnia is a killer, I hate the feeling when you've settled the little one/s off and you can eventually go back to bed but can't sleep because you listen for every little sound incase the wake again and 9/10 you eventually fall asleep and wam they wake!!

@GingerBeverage it's so worse when you can feel it's gonna be a bad one..they might surprise you 🤞 I've brought DD2 into my bed getting in and out of bed when it's cold all night because she's coughing and crying it's fun!

Squeakybubbles26 Tue 14-Jan-20 20:47:03

@Ohwhocares22 omg my DD1 is the same 3.4months and Santa started all these problems .. it did escalate that she was then scared of the curtains, wardrobe any sound you name it! Thankfully that's died down tho, however wanting reassurance hasn't even at night ah! Congratulations on your new born tho! At least with little ones you can tolerate their wakings or have more patience I find compared to the older ones!

Squeakybubbles26 Tue 14-Jan-20 20:48:53

@coffeeiseverything I love the name ... currently fits my motor first thing in the morning! haha! Fingers crossed 🤞 last night was a one off .. well one can hope smile

Squeakybubbles26 Tue 14-Jan-20 20:51:54

@Selfsettling3 that's the same as us, DH sees to DD1 (if he hears her)! Aw when was your little one born smile isn't this an age where separation anxiety can begin?? DD2 has been crying more when I'm leaving her at sleep times 😥😩

gaffamate Tue 14-Jan-20 20:59:23

I do recommend audiobooks, they were a game changer for us to get DD to sleep but also to resettle her (and crucially be able to leave her room quickly) during the night.

Motherofmonsters Tue 14-Jan-20 20:59:26

I'll join you if thats okay,
I've got a 2.5year old DS and DD is 3months.
DD has a horrible cold and did some 40minute blocks last night, it was absolute torture.
Hoping for a better night today, DS didn't sleep through until 16months so I haven't got much hope.

namechangingtime Wed 15-Jan-20 02:32:20

Little one is currently zonked out and has been since about 10pm. I however had a nap this afternoon whilst she was with grandparents and now can't sleep 😡

Redhorss Wed 15-Jan-20 04:09:08

I think im on wake up number 4 🤷🏼‍♀️ lost count now. Currently feeding in bed. I think we will co sleep for the rest of the night 😴😴

Squeakybubbles26 Wed 15-Jan-20 04:16:31

How's everyone's night? Was thinking ours wasn't to bad on our second wake up and my god she's been awake an hour and half 😴 currently babbling to herself! Just given her some milk and having cuddles hoping she finally nod off soon ... it's been a lot easier co sleeping! Just know this isn't a for long because poor DH is on the sofa tonight!

NotSoThinLizzy Wed 15-Jan-20 04:30:22

I just got my 2 year ds old back down after a screaming fit caused by god knows what lasting an hour while trying to sort out 11 week old DS too 😂 well hopefully I'll get some sleep before DD wakes up

LoisLittsLover Wed 15-Jan-20 04:44:52

4 week old dd has been cluster feeding since 1am. Have to get up un 2 hourd to walk 5yo to school in the hideous wind and rain. Yay!!

Motherofmonsters Wed 15-Jan-20 04:48:43

I've just resettled DD after a hour and a half block
DS is having a party in his room banging his wardrobe doors. He hasn't shouted out for us so I'm trying to ignore him

saywhatwhatnow Wed 15-Jan-20 04:54:16

My 5 day old has been feeding since 4am and my 20month old has just woken up. Can see him on the monitor over Dhs sleeping shoulder, now to wake DH, the only one who is sleeping in this household apparently!

GingerBeverage Wed 15-Jan-20 04:54:42

Morning!
Only 4 wake ups, not too bad.
Won't sleep now though...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »