Talk

Advanced search

Please help with my 2year old!

(7 Posts)
SamCattie Tue 21-Aug-07 08:43:06

Hi, I am hoping someone out there can give me some advice or tips. My daughter is 2.3 years old and is having trouble staying asleep. she goes to my Mum and a childminder during the week while I work full time. She has an hour sleep (sometimes) before lunch and then normally an action packed day. Last night she went to bed at 8:30pm. I have black out blinds and curtains up. At midnight she decides to scream blue murder and me and my partner take it in turns to sit with her andd get her off. We have tried the nice approach and the firm and leave her approach. She finally went to sleep at 4am. She has only started doing this for the past fortnight and I dont what to do. I know its just a phase, but whats causing her to do this? I am sooo tired....

domesticgrumpess Tue 21-Aug-07 12:53:02

Message withdrawn

LoveMyGirls Tue 21-Aug-07 12:55:36

Have your mum and childminder given you any helpful advice?

What about the bunny clock idea?

Has anything happened to spark this?

SamCattie Tue 21-Aug-07 13:22:37

My mum and childminder haven't really given me any advice. The childminder thinks maybe its night time terrors. She has had them before but this isn't it. I have tried keeping her awake all day without a nap, I have tried giving her a nap and nothing works. Cant think what has sparked it off as normally she is so good. And its not really crying that she does, its just screaming. She seems to be complelety awake when I go into her room...
I haven't heard of the bunny clock, whats that?

morningpaper Tue 21-Aug-07 13:26:53

Is she REALLY awake, or is it night terrors waking her? Does she talk or interact at all or just scream?

Has she got all her teeth through? Does a night with Calpol make any difference? Is it mid-night each night? What about waking her at 11.30, giving her calpol, sitting her on potty (if she is trained or that might be keeping her up), giving some water, then settling her again?

SamCattie Tue 21-Aug-07 14:57:06

She is really awake as you can have a complete conversation with her. She goes through everything she wants from Nanny to Night Garden!!! She will get out of bed and ask for a cuddle and then when you give her one try to settle her back she screams again
She isnt toilet trained yet and still wears a nappy at night. Teeth are all through so not that

meowmix Tue 21-Aug-07 15:09:43

i hate to say it but you have to give it a bit of time. DS is a champion non sleeper and had a similar phase. We just did the put back to bed no contact no interest thing for a while and now he will at least entertain himself (singing I can stand, screaming was horrid).

Give it 2 weeks and then if no joy, get thee to the health visitor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now