Talk

Advanced search

early waking in 14 mth old

(2 Posts)
abracadabra Sun 19-Aug-07 13:08:22

I know it's been asked loads before, but in the past few weeks dd has gone from waking at 6.45 ish to 5.30 am which I find very difficult. She has a 30 min nap from 9.30 to 10.00 am and 1.5-2hrs after lunch,and goes to bed at 7.00pm. I'm wondering whether to cut out the morning nap and/or move her bedtime to 7.30 pm - any thoughts? Thanks!

foxymagoo Sun 19-Aug-07 14:49:41

My ds is 14 months too and he had a 3 month period of waking at 5.30am on the dot a couple of months back which I think was due to teeth coming through. i would try and push your dd's bedtime a little later and try and put her morning nap back a little too but not if she is knackered..

FYI ds's routine is:

Wakes: any time after 6am

Morning nap: 3 hours later so 9am if he wakes at 6 and so on.. He used to get 45 mins but now gets a strict half hour as i'm trying to wean him of this so he takes his 2 hours after lunch by the time he's 18 months. Its hard tho' as he's such an early riser.

Lunctime nap: 3 hours after he wakes from morning nap - he normally sleeps @ 1.5 hours.

I don't let him sleep more than 2 hours during the day.

his bedtime routine has gotten later and he now doesn't fall asleep until 8pm.

hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now