Talk

Advanced search

9mo sitting up in sleep

(4 Posts)
Livingoffcoffee Mon 11-Nov-19 08:48:48

So my 9mo DS has started sitting up in his sleep and waking himself up, startled (understandably) and so won't settle other than a feed.

Any idea what's going on here?? Or tips on how to deal? I'm thinking we're going to have to do some form of sleep training - just laying him back down and walking out sorta thing?

FranCess003 Mon 11-Nov-19 09:10:47

Have had the same issue so following post to see what answers you get. This started around 9-10 months for us.... but along with teething , it’s just got worse and worse.... he’s now 11 months, won’t sleep all night in his cot and won’t be put down for naps in cot home or nursery.
I’m completely exhausted with it

Livingoffcoffee Mon 11-Nov-19 09:14:47

@FranCess003 oh no...that's not encouraging! confused

littlestrawby Mon 11-Nov-19 14:03:43

My dd has always been a terrible sleeper and had every possible thing going that could unsettle her...she also went through the sitting up phase smile she would almost be groaning as she sat up and look so sleepy bless her, like she was thinking 'why does this keep happening.'

I coslept anyway at that age as she was up so often, and I found keeping a firm hand on her would sometimes stop the sitting up impulse. But it stopped after a few weeks anyway...and then she found another reason to not sleep grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »