Talk

Advanced search

Please help, I'm so tired

(5 Posts)
Kearaleigh123 Sun 10-Nov-19 19:45:38

I have a 2 year old that's slept perfectly since he was 4 weeks but my 8 month old is a completely different story and I'm so tired.

She doesn't nap for longer then half an hour during the day and just generally refuses to sleep leaving her in a vile mood all day.
So because she's so tired during the day i generally put her to bed at 7, il feed her a bottle and put her in bed once she's asleep, from there she wakes at around 10, I give her the rest of her remaining bottle.
Then she's up at 12, 2.30, 3.30 and 4.30 she's awake for the day but she's not even getting up for bottles just waking up screaming and refuses a bottle.
I'm really don't know what do, it's not sleep regression because she's always been like it just getting worse and worse.
Is there any products I can get to help her get a better night's sleep? What can I do?

justsotiredallthetime Mon 11-Nov-19 08:54:01

I feel your pain! Is your LO teething?

BastardGoDarkly Mon 11-Nov-19 08:58:00

Is she getting all wind up after bedtime bottle? Infacol?

Id skip some bottles in the night and just cuddle/back pat, she may then sleep longer after a full bottle early hours?

Is she eating plenty of solids at dinner?

Other than that, hand hold, I know the bone crushing tiredness of which you speak flowers

Selfsettlingat3 Mon 11-Nov-19 11:32:46

Go to bed when she does. Remember that bottles should be kept for an hours after baby has started it. Are they teething? Give some nurofen tonight to see if it makes a difference. Are their ear OK?

Cosleep.

ballyboy Mon 11-Nov-19 11:51:07

The day time naps are so important. They feed the night time sleep.

Would she sleep for longer if you brought her for a walk for nap time. If a child is overtired, they will wake up after short sleeps during the day?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »