Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

does this sound like good plan?

(8 Posts)
moljam Sat 18-Aug-07 22:25:36

ds is 20 months and goes to bed well but up average 6 times a night(2 is least),then up for day between 5-6am.he naps 2 hours in day.he falls sleep with bottle in his mouth which i realise is why hes waking as i just put bottle back in and he goes back to sleep.and the milk is now affecting his appetite plus hes using bottle as comfoter in day.
so plan is(must explain we are going away next weekend)-one bottle in morning,one after lunch and one at bed.only offering milk between tmes in beaker not bottle.also going to bed earlier-6.15pm .and after holiday will work on taking bottle away when falling to sleep.plan?

ChipButty Sat 18-Aug-07 22:28:22

I would only give milk at bedtime and not bottles during day - how much milk is he having? Does he eat well in addition to this? Hope it works out for you.

callmeovercautious Sat 18-Aug-07 22:29:54

Yes get him off bottle in the day asap and keep the cosy bottle for bed and Morning. Get a few different cups and experiement as he may not like one or two of them.
I bf but it is the same principal (sp). I had a huge struggle to get her to go down without Boobie and cups in the day have seemed to help.

Do the night time one gradually though as otherwise you may end up awake all night

moljam Sat 18-Aug-07 22:35:39

hes having about 6-7 8 0z bottles a day(and in night).it is beginning to affect his appetite-he tends to go for bottle over food.but was always fantastic eater.so no bottles in day?
callmeovercautious ,how gradually?and how did you?

callmeovercautious Sun 19-Aug-07 14:38:42

It is an ongoing process, just started really! She is on a cup in the afternoon and from next week will replace the Morning one too.
I intend to keep feeding her myself Morning and bedtime as she is still quite young (nearly a year) but I needed to get her onto cups for Nursery. I suppose I have been lucky that she has taken to them ok.

6 or 7 bottle feeds does sound alot for 20m. I suppose some of those are at night? I have to admit I still give her Milk if she wakes at night but once I am back at work will have to wean her off that in a hope she stops waking. She does sleep better than you lo though (sorry!)

I suggest you start another thread on Night Weaning as if you can crack that you may find the rest resolves itself. Might be worth asking in the Breast/bottle feeding threads about weaning from a bottle to a cup as well so you deal with the 2 issues seperately.

HTH

moljam Sun 19-Aug-07 15:34:21

thankyou!your dd sounds like shes doing well!
yes 2 of those bottles are at night

moljam Mon 20-Aug-07 10:18:39

bump.have started thread on night feeds but just bumping as desperate for any advice!

moljam Mon 20-Aug-07 12:04:21

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now