Talk

Advanced search

Please read!

(4 Posts)
MrsOakes99 Sun 10-Nov-19 03:21:52

Now I don't want to scare anyone but I just went through a terrifying experience and I don't want anyone to do the same and lose their baby.

So I was sat watching the TV with my 7 week LO in my arm, (i'm not sleepy or tired) I'll try and attach a picture of her position. Shes been lay there sleeping after her feed for about an hour and a half, i was deep into what i was watching and though I'm usually so attentive I was just so relaxed. I don't know what it was, maybe instinct or maybe just peripheral vision - but I looked down at her and she was SILENTLY choking! It was incredibly silent, she didn't make a noise until I lifted her up and began to panic. She was a tiny bit paler than usual but wasn't blue or red. This is why I want people to read what happened and try and learn from it:

1) I was WIDE AWAKE!
2) She was 30 cm from my face/eyes!
3) She was choking whilst COMPLETELY silent!

So all I can think is if I was awake, alert and checking her occasionally and this happened. Please, please never fall asleep with your baby in your arm whilst you're on the sofa. I may be wrong, i may have been posset shed eventually throw up. But I work with babies, I've witnessed choking and I have seen my babies panicked eyes when shes choked whilst in NICU. It was the same look.

Please, NEVER do it, put her/him down. Its not worth it. Even whilst I'm awake I will now always place her on my chest or in her bassinet next to me where she is stretched out.

Rosehip345 Sun 10-Nov-19 03:24:42

This happened to us...absolutely terrifying. Went out and bought a sensor pad the next day!

FridalovesDiego Sun 10-Nov-19 03:31:43

I am not sure I know what you are saying. You were holding her in your arms like you would if were feeding her?

MrsOakes99 Fri 22-Nov-19 13:18:54

I fed her, burped her and put her back down in the feeding position but she fell asleep. So I let her lay there sleeping and that's when it happened.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »