Talk

Advanced search

18 month old won't sleep though the night 😴

(5 Posts)
Maynard1952 Sat 09-Nov-19 18:53:01

Unfortunately my baby has never slept through the night and is now 18 months old and still waking up to 6 times a night and it's not just waking up it's waking up screaming for a good half hour to an hour I'm literally at wits end. Does anyone know what this could be? smile

ifoundthebread Sat 09-Nov-19 18:56:25

My 19 month old did sleep through once upon a time and then stopped. Same as you could be up numerous times, we've found these last few nights he's slept so much better now we've put him back in a sleep sack for bed. Was just another idea in the attempts to get him to sleep better and it seems to have helped

Harrysmummy246 Sun 10-Nov-19 19:57:57

Ds didn't sleep through til 21 mo and then only occasionally. Even now at 2.4, it's definitely not a guarantee

there is another sleep regression/ separation anxiety type phase at this point.

Basically, keep doing what you can to maximise sleep for everyone.

You don't mention what you do when they wake, whether they're bf or FF, cosleeping/ bed/ cot

It may well be developmental but without more info, nobody can tell you

OnlyFoolsnMothers Sun 10-Nov-19 19:59:13

How’s the day structured, naps? Food? Bf or formula? Where’s he/she sleep at night?

Figgygal Sun 10-Nov-19 20:05:08

Mine didn't sleep reliably through until 2
He's just turned 3 and only now do we have full nights through to after 6.30 - ill take it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »