Talk

Advanced search

What does your baby sleep in?

(9 Posts)
loudnoises1 Fri 08-Nov-19 22:26:40

I'm generally a follow your mum instinct kind of gal but mum guilt has been creeping in recently seeing posts on social media of other people's babies sleeping.

They all seem to have layers on and a fleecey sleep bag, sometimes more.

My 6 month old sleeps in either a vest and a sleepsuit or a vest and trousers.

She doesn't seem to settle in a sleep bag as she's a right wriggler but should I be dressing her in more?? Our house always has the heating on around 23, it's pretty toasty. She has also slept through since about 2 months so I'm hesitant to change anything about her sleep routine.

Lilopup Fri 08-Nov-19 22:29:15

My 7 month old son wears a vest and either pjs or a sleep suit with a thin grow bag. We live in a new build which is always toasty and he sleeps through in this.

Pinkblueberry Fri 08-Nov-19 22:29:42

Most people don’t have their heating on at 23 degrees at night though - or even in the day. A fleecy sleep bag would make them much too hot in that temperature. If she’s sleeping well why are you worried?

MoaningMinniee Fri 08-Nov-19 22:32:19

Yay you have a sleeping baby!! It ain't broke so you don't need to fix it. Don't forget, most of the stuff on social media is either advertising or bragging.

dementedpixie Fri 08-Nov-19 22:33:24

23 is hot. Ideal sleeping temperature is 16-20 degrees. Why have the heating so high?

wineconnoisseur Fri 08-Nov-19 22:38:09

23 degrees? That's a bit hot I don't even have the heating on at night and I'm still hot! My baby sleeps with a vest, sleepsuit and gro bag

loudnoises1 Fri 08-Nov-19 22:49:22

We have a big old draughty Edwardian house so even though the heating is at 23 in reality it's at about 20, I run really cold so I keep it on most of the time through the winter months.

loudnoises1 Fri 08-Nov-19 22:50:41

@MoaningMinniee you're definitely right, I'm just having a first time mum guilt moment. I'm pretty chilled out about everything and then every now and again something makes me go hmmm am I toooooo chilled out?
But yeah, she sleeps, I sleep, we all sleep. I don't know why I'm questioning it really.

20viona Fri 08-Nov-19 22:57:03

Our bedroom drops go about 17 At night so our baby had a vest, sleepsuit and gro bag with a cellular blanket on top which she tends to shimmy off.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »