Talk

Advanced search

I dont know what to do!

(9 Posts)
SnowWhite26 Fri 08-Nov-19 04:22:06

My 15 month old is so unpredictable when it comes to waking up. He sometimes sleeps till 6 or 615 with no wake ups. Mostly though it 4 or 430 andvI am currently doing cry it out. Within half an hour hes normally back to sleep. I put heating on early i have totally dark room. I am in contact with a sleep consultatnt wgo says iis coz he needs to drop hos mornong nap. I try and keep him busy. Yewterday he fell asleep at 11 30 but i woke him up quick as he was in buggy in then spent 40 mins crying till he fell asleep for his nap 1. Very unusual. Hes now woken at 4 350 and i doing controlled crying. Day before awale all morning down for nap at 12.40 slept 2 hours still woke early and had to do cry it out. He does go back to sleep but i want him to not wake especially if im putting all this effort into a sleeo schedule. Hes seems most settled when hes had a 10-15 car cat nap in morn then he seemscto naturally go off about 1-2ish for an hour or so. I dunno what to do. This is taking over my life and i am so tired iys hard witg my 4 year old. I just need to no why hes doing this!!

Saltnpepper5 Fri 08-Nov-19 11:48:34

No advice really, sorry just in the same boat.
My 15 month old is the same these past few weeks. 4:15 wake up this morning plus woke up at 9:30pm last night till 11pm. But the night before he slept 12 hours with only 1 wake up and back to bed within 20 minutes. Its different every single night.

Saltnpepper5 Fri 08-Nov-19 11:51:30

Maybe he still needs his morning cat nap? If you say he's seem happier with one. My DS has one nap now but does seem to manage with the one it's just the silly o'clock wake ups I struggle with.

SnowWhite26 Fri 08-Nov-19 20:25:00

Thanks for your reply. How do you deal with it when woken at night? I get so cross recently. Or I get up to go to the loo them am awakecreally anxious. I have put heating on to turn on at 330 tommorow and hes in long sleeve vest all in one and sleeping bag. He shares a room with his sister who has a cold so hope she doesbt wake as recently she gets in hysterics and ends up having a weird tantrum. I get so cross which doesnt help. Xx

Saltnpepper5 Sat 09-Nov-19 19:00:26

Depends really say if its the 4th bad night in a row then I do feel annoyed and obviously tired my self but think it's not forever. My partner tries settling him back down sometimes when I'm shattered but he mostly just wants me. My DS is teething at the moment his mouth is so red and sore looking bless him so I know why he's waking, which takes the guessing out of it. (he's very close to walking so could be development too)

Have you got a partner to help in the night/early morning?
Does sound like he's dropping his morning nap. It was hard when my DS transitioned 2-1 nap, had to constantly keep busy in the mornings.

Current sleep routine if you're interested:
4-5:30 Wake up
11am till 12:30/1 nap
Bed 6pm asleep by 6:30

SnowWhite26 Sat 09-Nov-19 19:30:25

Wow you wake really early. Are you happy with that? What do u do? If he wakes up that early i leave him and hope he goes back and get wound up, maybe if he wak3s that early i should get him up? X

Saltnpepper5 Sat 09-Nov-19 20:12:37

I would prefer if he woke after 6. If he wakes between 4 and 5 then I do try and get him back to sleep if he does it can be 30min to 1hr 30 more sleep. He wakes up crying if still tired and unable to self settle, then ill go in after praying he goes back to sleep on his own, if not he chats away and rolls around for about 30min then I just wait till he gets whingy then get him up. I just put the telly on give him his drink and we cuddle on the settee and play till its time for breakfast and getting ready take his dad to work back home get ready then out by half 8 most days.
You could try and see what happens, I get up for the day after 5am if he's chatty and woke up in a good mood, if he wakes up crying I always try and get him back.

SnowWhite26 Sat 09-Nov-19 22:17:26

How old is ur lo? X

Saltnpepper5 Sun 10-Nov-19 00:57:28

15 months

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »