Talk

Advanced search

Please help make bedtime easier for my 4...

(3 Posts)
CattyB Wed 15-Aug-07 14:18:13

Bedtime have turned into a really mad 2 hours and I want to claim a wee bit of the evening back for myself.. All sugesstions greatfully received.
I have 4 kids 7,5, 2 & 9m. Generally we eat about 6. Before 7 I try to get the wee ones in the bath and them the big ones in afterwards (or into the shower for a wash down). We then (my dh is usually about by then) get the babies dried, nappied & dressed and get their milk. I'm still bf but dd gets a bottle at bedtime. DD is put to her cot to yelp, them I read stories to my 2 yo, get my big boys to get dressed and into bed, get their milk, pick up dd who is still yelping, get them their milk and read stories while dd plays or feeds. Then attempt to put dd back down. This sounds all reasonable and good but it takes at least 1.5 hours but more often 2. What am I doing wrong ? Or is this just the reality of having 4 children...
Thanks in advance.

Othersideofthechannel Wed 15-Aug-07 14:50:49

Perhaps it is the reality? I've only got two kids but it takes 2 hours to get them to bed on bath nights. 2 and a half including evening meal.
My only suggestion is don't wash all your kids every night. Mine have baths every other night.

HonoriaGlossop Wed 15-Aug-07 15:53:05

I think you are doing amazingly if bedtime for four only takes two hours!

I would definitely bin the baths/showers; just a wash with a flannel would be ok most nights I think - bath/shower much less! Also, start earlier perhaps? Eat at 5 rather than six so you are an hour ahead of yourself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now