Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

In the words of Victore Meldrew......I don't beliiiiieeeeeeve it...........

(16 Posts)
TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 13-Aug-07 20:22:56

DS3 fell asleep in his bouncy chair after his bath at 6pm - nothing too unusual there, except that usually he only has 1/2hr or so.......tonight he was still asleep at 8pm (when he usually goes down for his "long" sleep of the day/night). 8pm he didn'tlook like he was going anywhere anytime soon - so I managed to lift him up, take him upstairs (armed with bottle of milk LOL), he stirred so I gave him it (5oz), burped him and put him down in the cot.....all with his eyes still closed.

Now - that was nearly 20 minutes ago and he appears to be sound asleep.......will it last??? or am I going to be greeted by wails in a short time????

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Mon 13-Aug-07 20:23:53

Don't jinx it by questioning it! lol! Just grab a bar of choccie and mnet in peace

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 13-Aug-07 20:25:21

well I've never given him a dream feed before (or any of my DS's for that matter) - well at least I expect that's what you'd call it.......so have no idea if it works or not......

I'd love to MN - but there's loads of stuff I "put" off doing between 6 and 8 (expecting him to wake up mid me doing them) which I really ought to do now.....

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 13-Aug-07 20:41:37

well........he's still sleeping (and I'm still on teh computer instead of tidying up )

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Mon 13-Aug-07 20:41:42

I used to dream feed DS.....he would glug the whole bottle down, then I could plonk him back in moses basket and he would go another 4/5 hrs from there - a God send in those early sleep deprived days!

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 13-Aug-07 20:47:08

usually he's been going down around 8 and sleeping for an average of 4-6hrs (although did 8hrs the othernight !). Then he goes back down for another 2 1/2h(ish) hours....

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Mon 13-Aug-07 20:49:03

Well enjoy the peace

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 13-Aug-07 21:41:06

I am - he's still asleep - I can't believe it!!! AND I've tidied the kitchen, loaded the dishwasher, and done a general tidy up

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Mon 13-Aug-07 21:53:37

Its great when they start to get proper sleep patterns isn't it

Now you must have some chocolate!

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 13-Aug-07 21:57:27

yes - I have to say I was worried this would b*gger it all up - as we've been getting into a good rouinte at bedtime now (day times still all over the place but not bothered about that). From 6pm he only has 1/2hr nap (often doesn't even have it) and then goes down (on his own) at about 8. I just hope he sleeps for his normal length of time despite the "extra" 2hrs at the start of his sleep.....

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Mon 13-Aug-07 22:00:49

Was just typing is this your first one and then realised it was DS3!!! <hats off and respect emoticon>

Having hard time with just one - as you have seen from my whinging about shifts/grumpy DH thread!

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 13-Aug-07 22:02:09

ahh - hadn't noticed that was you

I tend to read thread titles, read the first post and post........don't often look to see who actually started the thread

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Mon 13-Aug-07 22:03:02

So, is two harder than one then, three harder than two??? Or???

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 13-Aug-07 22:03:24

that's why I was even more concerned that it would b*gger his sleep up - this last week or so when he's gone down at the same time as the older DS's I've finally started getting my evenings back.

Although it's hard work doing evening routine on my own - I do rather enjoy my 1hr- 1 1/2hrs (sometimes even 2hrs!) of "free" time when DH is still at work and the DS's in bed

VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 13-Aug-07 22:04:08

lol, make the most of it, dont expect it to happen again, but lets hope

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 13-Aug-07 22:04:33

2 harder than one I found (but you soon get used to it). 2 to 3 definitely a bit easier, he was about 6 weeks old when I suddenly realised I done an entire day with all 3 of them and hadn't once thought "oh I've got 3 to sort out" (ie it was just "normal").

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now