Talk

Advanced search

Why he cry?!? <in the voice of Manuel>

(14 Posts)
FlameBatfink Sat 11-Aug-07 22:59:18

Mr Fawlty, Mr Fawlty - why he cry???

My little dude - a lovely sleeper.

Ok, so he took until about 12 months to sleep through, but that was due to waking up and finding a nice soggy nork to attach too

Now 17 months, been sleeping lovely - goes down with a bottle about 7.30pm, sleeps through til morning.

Or he did.

This last week/10 days have been hell. He cries. He sleeps for an hour, then he cries a bit more.

We have tried: calpol, fresh nappies, bottles, food, less hot, more hot.... the only thing he wants is me holding him. Not daddy... no,no,no,no,no - must arch back and scream like we are being tortured if Daddy holds us.

As lovely as it is to be wanted and loved - I need to sleep in my bed without a small child trying to crawl under my skin. I need to be able to have a few hours to myself in the evening.

I don't know what's wrong. He's had the odd temp every so often (not today). He seems ok - just soooo clingy.

HELP!

This sort of time last week I thought it was concussion... twasn't so am back for help

FlameBatfink Sat 11-Aug-07 23:28:01

He's now bashing my laptop - pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease help.

JeremyVile Sat 11-Aug-07 23:30:30

Teeth?
Having similar with DS at mo.
<whispers> Medised?

FlameBatfink Sat 11-Aug-07 23:32:21

Believe me - if I had some in the house, or some money to buy some, he would be dosed up to the eyeballs.

Wonder if we've got any piriton... <goes to rummage in cupboard> Whiskey is still wrong, no?

JeremyVile Sat 11-Aug-07 23:33:38

Lol - step away from the drinks cabinet sweetie....

On the other hand maybe you could do with a wee dram for you!

JeremyVile Sat 11-Aug-07 23:34:34

How about a nice warm bath for him - do they tend to make him drowsy?

FlameBatfink Sat 11-Aug-07 23:41:32

Believe me - I'm on the wine!

he legged it as I went to look for piriton... found him in the bedroom about to whack his sister with sticks

Took it as a sign that he wanted to be in there, so chucked him back in the cot with his bottle.

He is currently quiet, so I might get a few hours peace before he ends up in with us

Can't I just rub some magic thing on his gums and make all the teeth pop through (although he doesn't seem teething... he does only have 7 n a bit though, so it would make sense!!)

FlameBatfink Sat 11-Aug-07 23:42:02

Baths have the same effect on both my children - giggle, shriek and then spin dry

JeremyVile Sat 11-Aug-07 23:43:38

Ah, bless you.

Its tough, like i keep telling myself....

"its a phase, it WILL pass" (repeat ad infinitum)

FlameBatfink Sat 11-Aug-07 23:45:53

Is that what you mutter as you rock in the corner with someone patting your head?

JeremyVile Sat 11-Aug-07 23:48:21

Well, its what i'm thinking - cant actually say anything cos you know the bloody foam gets in the way......

FlameBatfink Sat 11-Aug-07 23:50:54

for god's sake woman - I just choked on my wine!!!

JeremyVile Sat 11-Aug-07 23:52:18

FlameBatfink Sun 12-Aug-07 12:44:24

Bad mummy alert... it is entirely possible that last night's screaming may have been down to sun - and DS may have sunburnt shoulders today

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: