Talk

Advanced search

Hate CC, but forgot to put monitor on and he was breaking his heart!

(9 Posts)
choolie Tue 07-Aug-07 21:28:23

I feel such a bad mum, I'm totally against controlled crying, but we realised we'd been in the living room 5mins and forgot to put the baby monitor on (first time ever) and DS was sobbing through it. I've never run so quickly up the stairs in my life, he had that hiccup that you get if you've been crying a while. I was so upset myself, I just held him close for so long. I need to calm myself down now! Has anybody else done this?

moondog Tue 07-Aug-07 21:29:11

Ach,easily done.
We've all been there.
He'll be fine.

choolie Tue 07-Aug-07 21:37:01

thanks moondog, would have a G&T if it wasn't for the BF, heading for a bubble bath instead!

moondog Tue 07-Aug-07 21:47:17

Don't be daft!
You can have a G&T when breastfeeding.
In my case Chablis was essential to keeping me sane.

callmeovercautious Tue 07-Aug-07 21:54:07

Don't beat yourself up, 5 mins is nothing if you think about the time they work themselves up with teething etc and cry even with you holding them. I know he was up there alone but it really is not like you leave him for hours on a regular basis.

oh and I BF and am drinking a nice glass of red!

frapachino Tue 07-Aug-07 22:00:24

I was against cc too but succumed at a year when the longest I'd slept in one go was 1hr 45min. Believe me at some point in the future you may leave him crying for longer than 5 min and not give it a second thought - don't beat yourself up, think of it as lung exercise

Tipex Tue 07-Aug-07 22:02:15

oh god we have all done this. I was stuck on motorway once with DS absolutely hysterical and just couldnt pull over to get to him and he sobbed himself to the point of hiccoughs it was hideous. An hour later he was giggling away and i was still emotionally traumatised! Have that glass of wine it helps the milk flow!!

you are a good mum, just remember that and he got a lovley long cuddle out of it!

bcsnowpea Tue 07-Aug-07 22:27:06

Exactly Tipex! Sometimes there's just no helping them crying, but they certainly won't remember it in an hour!

choolie Wed 08-Aug-07 13:18:39

thank you all so much. to make matters worse, I was holding him in his cot this morning and he slipped and banged his head on his mobile! ahhhh what is going on with me am a walking disaster, you must be right, it's the lack of alcohol, I've not had any since getting pg, maybe I'll rethink that one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now