Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2.10 yrs old stopped having her afternoon naps on her own accord......

(8 Posts)
Biglips Tue 07-Aug-07 18:34:07

i DO put her in her bedroom for 1.5-2hours and she plays in her room but by 5pm she is ssoooo hyper and having a meltdown till 7pm as she usually in bed by 7pm till 7am..She had been on the verge of going to bed by 5pm.!! She looks knackered!! and this had been going on for a week..

so is her afternoon naps are over??

HectorsHouse Tue 07-Aug-07 18:35:26

you're lucky they lasted so long

and yes they're finished although she might still do the occasional one (probably falling asleep on couch)

just have some quiet times in the afternoon instead .. reading, watching tv

pinkteddy Tue 07-Aug-07 18:40:45

yes dd dropped about this age. It is really hard getting them through the last hour or so and i think it affects the quality of their night time sleep too. Keep reminding yourself it won't last forever! As Hector says try to have quiet time after lunch instead. dd nearly 4 now and still very tired by 6pm. She occasionally drops off in the afternoon even now! (usually when we've been really busy and usually far too late!).

allgonebellyup Tue 07-Aug-07 18:43:13

my dd kept up her 2hr sleeps until she started school (the month she turned 5!!)

so there may be hope!

having said that, my ds dropped his at around his 3rd b-day.

scampadoodle Tue 07-Aug-07 18:46:37

Yes, DS2 dropped his just before his 3rd birthday a couple of months ago. he can often get through the day (til 7.30! & he's up at 6am!) if we just keep going, but sometimes will crash out on the sofa or in the car - & in the child seat on the bicycle! He starts nursery in september though so it's just as well he's dropped it really. It's not so bad - gives you the excuse for a bit of downtime (ie DVD while you have a cuppa & read the paper!)

Biglips Tue 07-Aug-07 20:23:34

i dont mind the no naps at all but at bedtime, she is perfect and i read her a bedtime story but as soon i closed the door she become hysterical and really naughty - she is really is an angel but only started this since she stopped napping.

Nat1H Tue 07-Aug-07 21:55:52

Can you put her to bed a bit earlier? You can then gradually put her to bed later (by 15mins every 3 days or so) until she's going to bed at 7pm. You may have some early mornings for a while, but at least you might be able to train her into a new pattern.
Just a thought

Biglips Tue 07-Aug-07 22:30:26

yes im thinking of putting her to bed earlier too. Will have a go tmrw x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now