Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

19 months and up lots

(10 Posts)
moljam Sat 04-Aug-07 21:08:50

we tried pu/pd which worked but we had one bad night at sisters house and stopped,then cc which went okish but again stopped.i know its my fault for keep stopping and starting.also i give him milk when he wakes as he goes straight back off i know its very naughty.a good night is up 4 times.hes good at the actual going to bed(7pm) just not staying asleep.help

ChipButty Sat 04-Aug-07 21:11:48

Poss cut down naps - to 1 if he's still on 2. Find a method that works for you and stick to it. Do not rely on milk as a crutch. Good luck. x

moljam Sat 04-Aug-07 21:12:20

hes on one 2 hour nap.is that too much?

divastrop Sat 04-Aug-07 21:13:24

could he be teething or has he got them all now?

why is it naughty to give milk?my 19 month dd wont drink milk anymore but i used to give her milk when she woke in the night,i didnt know it was wrong?

maybe you could just try the things that worked before again,and keep at it this time.its understandable that a change in routine will mess things up,but you can go back to it.

moljam Sat 04-Aug-07 21:18:04

i thought maybe hes waking for the milk so people might say if i didnt give it he might not wake?
think could try pu/pd again

moljam Sat 04-Aug-07 21:18:27

got most teeth but its an ongoing thing

IdrisTheDragon Sat 04-Aug-07 21:29:14

I have no advice but sympathy (have a 22 month DD for whom sleeping through is a very unknown phrase ).

She also has milk when she wakes - I do water it down but seems to have no effect.

I live in ho9pe of a full nights sleep one year (doesn't help that she is very much into Mummy at the moment - when DH tries to go to her she yells "No Daddy want Muuuuummmmmmy".

divastrop Sat 04-Aug-07 21:33:24

oh right.my dd2 only woke when she was teething,and milk would settle her.she had been sleeping through since 12 weeks before she started getting teeth though.i just give her teething powders,teething gel,change her if needed and put her back down.but she was getting her canines through 2 weeks ago and i had to have her downstairs as she was screaming and going to wake the baby.

she is also growing out of daytime naps,and when she does have one i only let her sleep for an hour at the most or she wont settle at night,but all children are different and some still need naps till they are 2.5/3 .

MadMazza Sat 04-Aug-07 21:37:39

Could it possibly be hunger? What time does he have his last meal at night? My son was not a good eater so I used to give him cereals (weetabix with milk and mashed banana) before bed. The health visitor suggested I try this and it did reduce the waking to once a night which helped! It's only a suggestion but it might work for you?

moljam Sat 04-Aug-07 21:48:21

divastrop,thanks.ds slept ell for first 8 months then stopped!
IdrisTheDragon thankyou.glad im not only one who gives milk!thought id get well what do you expect messages.
madmazza,might try that,worth ago!he eats quite well and has last meal at 5pm,bed at 7pm.but is milk monster day and night.but i'll try anything!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now