Talk

Advanced search

Had to share this sleeping miracle

(23 Posts)
katelily2017 Wed 07-Aug-19 20:00:22

Hi everyone

I thought I'd share this as I am in disbelief that this has actually worked and hope it might help someone! Hope this kind of post is allowed?

I promise I am not advertising or promoting this product in anyway but thought I'd share!

My 2.5 year old has been the most horrific sleeper since birth! We have literally tried everything (bar CIO as I am WAY to anxious) She has always woke 3-7 times a night without fail, screaming, tantrums etc. It has been bloody awful.

We've not got a 4 month old who is obviously waking up for feeds every couple of hours and I was averaging about 2 hours sleep a night and completely at the end of my tether.

Had been researching and had read about magnesium aiding sleep but didn't think too much of it. In my desperation I bought a magnesium cream, the Better You junior one. You rub it on before bedtime and is suitable for 1 year plus and OMG it is the best invention known to man.

I rub it on her before bed, into the soles of her feet, legs and chest and no word of a lie she has slept from 7 - 4 since we have started using it 2 weeks ago! This child has never slept longer than 3 hours prior to this!

She is now waking up at 4 having a cuddle and going back to sleep until about 6.

She is also going down like a dream!

Anyway thought I would share in the hope this might help someone else as wish I'd tried this before!!!

Xxx

katelily2017 Wed 07-Aug-19 20:02:27

P. S I am aware that it sounds like I'm flogging this stuff but promise I am not! I am just in complete shock that something has worked!

bearboat Wed 07-Aug-19 20:09:32

Thanks for the tip! Worth a shot smile

sheshootssheimplores Wed 07-Aug-19 20:11:39

I have insomnia as an adult and I was recommended magnesium too.

esme8585 Wed 07-Aug-19 20:29:53

I will be buying some immediately!

WanderingStars Wed 07-Aug-19 20:33:18

This is definitely worth a try thank you!

AlfieandAnnieRose Thu 08-Aug-19 01:16:10

I’m so trying this! 😄 I would love for my child to sleep all through the night!

GummyGoddess Thu 15-Aug-19 14:51:53

Thank you! Day 3 and we're down from 8 wake ups to 2, plus he had to be woken from his own crib for the first time in his life this morning (14 months old).

I cannot believe it's working, I've had a week of sleep in the last 3 days!

november90 Thu 15-Aug-19 23:17:15

Omg I'm so gonna get some of this! Is it harmful in anyway? My lb is also 2.5 and his sleep is horrific. I actually can't cope with hope bad it's deteriorating!

GummyGoddess Fri 16-Aug-19 15:13:59

It's like giving baby a vitamin supplement, not harmful. I don't get it near their hands though.

AmericanAbroad Wed 21-Aug-19 15:53:18

Interesting...Anyone know why it would be for 1yr +?

BettyBoo246 Wed 21-Aug-19 15:58:17

We used this for our 5 year old when he was having nightmares/sleep disturbances along with the sleep/relaxing bath salts and it really made a difference.
Wish we could use it on our 9 month old grin

AmericanAbroad Wed 21-Aug-19 16:13:32

@BettyBoo246 Any reason you couldn't? From what I could find just googling, a few sources seem to think it's fine to use on 6mo +

BettyBoo246 Wed 21-Aug-19 16:37:22

@AmericanAbroad I have the Better You Junior magnesium lotion it says on it for use on 12 months plus hmm

I can’t imagine it would do much harm though as she’s nearly 10 months and this sleep regression is torture grin

AmericanAbroad Thu 22-Aug-19 09:01:26

@BettyBoo246 I was so curious I emailed the company to ask why! This was their reply:

magnesium is safe for young babies. However this isn't the issue regarding the sleep lotion junior. In this formula there are essential oils that aren't suitable for babies under 1 years of age because of their extremely delicate skin. If you'd like to use a magnesium cream on your baby before 1 years, you're more than welcome to use the magnesium bone lotion or the magnesium body butter.

AlfieandAnnieRose Sat 24-Aug-19 15:41:44

Well I’ve been using this for two weeks nearly three on my 3 year old and sadly it’s not worked 🙁 was really hopeful and I ordered some straight away but he’s still waking 3x a night at the minimum

BettyBoo246 Sat 24-Aug-19 23:06:58

@AlfieandAnnieRose Does he say why he’s waking?

If it’s nightmares/being scared maybe try a worry monster or dream catcher.

Or if it’s just sleep cycle waking maybe try a gro clock

I know how tough it is my then 5 year old wakings were horrendous and now my 9 month old is having an almighty regression sadbrew

IncrediblySadToo Sat 24-Aug-19 23:14:43

Will it work on an aging , fat, insomniac who barely sleeps do you think??

If not, what magnesium is best to help sleep ??

minipie Sat 24-Aug-19 23:24:46

Thank you, I’ve been meaning to try a topical magnesium but there are sooo many out there and the wrong ones can make sleep worse! I will look it up

AlfieandAnnieRose Sun 25-Aug-19 10:14:23

@BettyBoo246 it’s sleep cycle waking as it’s the same times every night. I’ve heard good things about the gro clock but when he’s crying in the night most of the time his eyes are not actually open 😄 I should really give it a try though

BettyBoo246 Sun 25-Aug-19 10:40:58

My ds night wakings were triggered by nightmares / terrors, it got so bad we contacted a sleep consultant.

She told us that even though he’s stopped having the nightmares now his body clock is use to getting up at the sleep cycle times so it became a habit but sleep habits can be broken if we could get him to not wake up or learn to self soothe again for 3-4 nights in a row.

It was pretty tough going we literally tried everything but the only thing that really worked I would say is bribery grin and using the baby monitor again. I would tell him that if he stayed in bed all night till the sun came up on the clock he would get one coin and then if he managed to not talk on the monitor that would be another coin. It took longer for him to stop talking over the monitor but I didn’t mind as at least he stayed in bed!

GummyGoddess Sun 25-Aug-19 10:49:08

@IncrediblySadToo it might grin I sleep better when I apply it, I assume I absorb some of it and I rub any excess into my skin as it smells nice.

Dc2 is now only waking once or twice after I've gone to bed, and once or not at all before I go to bed despite an ear infection and D&V. He's also going down for naps a tiny bit easier. Downside is that he now doesn't settle well for me at bedtime so DH has to settle him after I feed him. Not sure what that's about.

ShoutyQueen Sun 25-Aug-19 11:19:29

IncrediblySadToo, you need Mag Glycinate. There are so many forms of Mag, it's v confusing. Best is to take powdered form, as capsules and, especially, tablets, have too many fillers. Creams are good too, especially, on children or someone, who have absorption issues, but tend to be more expensive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »