Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

23 month waking up every night screaming and crying for no reason ?

(10 Posts)
missunhappy Sun 29-Jul-07 10:33:59

Please Help,
I have spent many months looking for answers on this site without posting my problem. My baby has always had very unsettled sleep patterns, screams cries and talks in her sleep. On the occasions when she woke I would go in to make sure she was ok and leave. I have been through the patting and leaving process, the gradual retreat, giving her water, leaving her , giving her calpol thinking she is teething even milk on the odd occasion. Wow.. now she gets up and wants to get out and when I leave she tries to be sick and sometimes achieves it.
On two occasions I put her my bed but no one slept on those nights including us..I am now thinking of things like cranial therapy and professional help has anyone experienced something similar and what did you do..

Thank you in advance for your advice

Tamdin Sun 29-Jul-07 13:47:38

didn't want your post to go unanswered as it sounds very tough and like you've tried most of what i would have suggested. Shame co-sleeping didn't help. Hopefully someone will be along soon with some good advice

notsogummyanymore Sun 29-Jul-07 14:14:08

I'd like to join your club please. My lo has been doing this on and off for a few weeks now with no obvious reason. Done the usual check - temp etc. I can only think it might be teethin those last big back ones. If anyone else has anything else to suggest it would be great!

missunhappy Sun 29-Jul-07 17:38:53

Well, she does keep putting her hands in her mouth and dribbling again but because during the day she is fine I thought not. She naps during the day and goes down at night fineits just after midnight almost all hell breaks loose.

Has anyone tried cranial therapy at this age, would like to know. thanks

queenrollo Tue 31-Jul-07 20:51:47

ds will be two on sunday.....and we're going through a similar thing and for us it is definitely teething. his molars have been the worst ones to be honest.....he's never been this unsettled before with teething. he copes very well with the pain during the day and at night he seems fine until about midnight (whether he's had calpol or not).

we're like zombies at the moment getting up to him so many times through the night....you have my sympathy.

missunhappy Wed 01-Aug-07 15:09:59

Hi Queenrollo
Thanks for that, out of interest what do you do at that ungodly hour to pacify the little one ?

queenrollo Mon 06-Aug-07 08:13:18

sorry missunhappy...my addled brain forgot to look back at the thread......

well i go in to him, retrieve his dummy (he's usually thrown it in his temper), give it back to him, lay him down and walk out. i repeat this until he either goes to sleep or it becomes apparent he's NOT going back to sleep at which point i give him Calpol or Medised.

i can ignore him making a noise (if it's for attention seeking purposes) but dp finds it a bit harder....so if dp is woken then he'll go and sit with ds till he drops back off.
ds is also waking at between 5.10 and 5.50 am most mornings and wanting to get up.
we're like zombies and snapping at each other....i'm hoping for a return to my 6.30 -7.15 am wake up call very soon or i may go insane

Nat1H Tue 07-Aug-07 22:29:49

I would definately try cranial therapy (or osteopathy). My DS2 was an awful sleeper - would wake frequently and had to be rocked in our arms till he fell asleep again. We went to the OCC in Manchester, and within a few weeks he was sleeping through. It can't do any harm anyway. There are 2 charity centres in the UK. Don't know if you are anywhere near them. They are called the Osteopathic Centre for Children (OCC) and there's one in Manchester and one in London. Let me know if you decide to try it and if it helps!!

missunhappy Wed 08-Aug-07 14:04:34

Nat1h and queenrollo
I have decided to try cranial therapy as I also do not see the harm in it if not yet the good either but will keep this thread posted when I arrange an appointment and go.

queenrollo Wed 08-Aug-07 17:06:12

good luck and hope it works for you.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now