Talk

Advanced search

White noise machine/CD?

(8 Posts)
MegBusset Mon 09-Jul-07 22:05:12

Please can anyone recommend a white noise machine or CD... we want to see if it helps DS sleep at all [clutching at straws emoticon].

Thanks!

Beauregard Mon 09-Jul-07 22:06:40

What about using a fan?
Obviously you can position it away from your ds.

GlassSlipper Mon 09-Jul-07 22:07:48

look here

MegBusset Mon 09-Jul-07 22:09:04

We have used a fan but I find it disturbs my sleep a bit much (DS is still in our room). Was thinking more like rain sounds, waterfalls, something that won't drive us nuts too!

TiredJani Tue 10-Jul-07 08:01:42

We have had GREAT success with the "Happiest Baby......." CD. There are 3 types of "in the womb" sounds, the sound of rain on the roof (DD sleeps with this every day and night) and a hair dryer recording. She responds so well to the hair dryer that we took DW's micro cassette recorder and recorded her hair dryer on both sides of the tape. The tape recorder now travels everywhere DD does. LOL. We get the strangest looks in the stores and on our walks.

We could not have managed without the CD though. The rain on the roof is just like white noise so not only does it sooth her to sleep but it also blocks out household noises so we can still do things without waking her up.

ChippyMinton Tue 10-Jul-07 08:10:21

an untuned radio on low volume worked for one of mine (not when adults were in the room obviously)

MegBusset Tue 10-Jul-07 09:29:00

TiredJani where did you get your CD? Have searched on Amazon but can't seem to find it... rain on the roof sounds good, he was calm even as we put him to bed during last night's massive hailstorm!

amazonianwoman Tue 10-Jul-07 13:13:48

Baby Sleep System CD is good. You have to buy from the States, but it worked out about £15 incl postage, with fast delivery

It sends me to sleep too, and I've been an insomniac all my life It has a sort of heartbeat sound and sounds that are almost like a didgeridoo (sp?) - naff description, but I like it and so does DS

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: