Talk

Advanced search

How long is your toddler's nap?

(27 Posts)
sunnyfields25 Wed 13-Feb-19 20:01:50

Hi

DS is nearly 21mo and has a 2 hour nap. He'd sleep for longer but I wake him up then. He's taking longer and longer to settle at bedtime (over an hour) so I want to try shortening his nap, but don't really know what I'm aiming for.

So, how long does your toddler nap for? And if you shortened it as they got older, did it help them settle at bedtime?

Thanks smile

BeakyPlinder Sat 16-Feb-19 06:54:58

Interesting how different they all are. My boy is two in a couple weeks and he naps for about 1-2hrs around 12pm. I don't let him sleep much past 2 hours although at times he would because I'm scared of the same thing. I have found if I let him nap later in the afternoon he will sleep longer but then is not at all ready for bed later at 7pm. The no nap days are few but when they happen he is a total nightmare come 4pm and has meltdowns galore

youwannapizzame Sat 16-Feb-19 08:07:55

My eldest had 2-2.5 hour nap every other day until she was 3.5. She was still having the occasional hour until she was nearly 5 and falling asleep the minute she got into bed at 7pm.

I'm glad you've said this! My dd turned 3 in November and still very much needs her nap roughly every other day, if not more sometimes! 2-3 hours. She was resisting it a while ago and I thought she was dropping it and she just went a bit mad after a week.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »