Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

7 month old baby waking in the night after sleeping through for 4 months!!

(6 Posts)
SLH2727 Tue 03-Jul-07 12:13:36

Hello,

My baby started sleeping through at around 3 months (sorry not being smug, my first slept through the night at 3 years old!!!). For the past 4 nights he has started waking up at 3am and won't go back to sleep for another couple of hours. He isn't fussed about a bottle, just seems totally wide awake and won't go back to sleep.

Has anyone else experienced this and any suggestions as to getting him back on track?

Many thanks from a sleep mum in Kent!

SH

firststeps Tue 03-Jul-07 12:42:58

could he be too warm? The reason I ask is my toddler recently started waking up during the night for 1-2 hours, it was only when he stayed at my mums and she remarked on how many clothes and covers he had on that I changed him - he now sleeps in a short sleeved vest and a very lightweight sleeping bag, unless it is very chilly when I put him in short pyjamas on top of his vest and he started sleeping through again. Another thing to look at might be his daytime sleep -he might be ready to cut down on his amount of sleep or cut one nap out at this age? hth

firststeps Tue 03-Jul-07 12:44:13

another thing to consider might be teething, my lo never cried at night when teething but just seemed wide awake and unable to settle himself back to sleep.

callmeovercautious Tue 03-Jul-07 13:26:09

I agree with firststeps. I posted last week about my 10m old doing the same. Waking up ready to play but all of a sudden she had 2 days or so obviously teething when the nights got worse then lo and behold a tooth appeared! She is nearly back to normal now.

Bear with it - everything is a phase.

And don't feel you were being smug about ds sleeping through, you deserve it after your first (3 years )

SLH2727 Tue 03-Jul-07 13:39:35

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I think he could well be teething, thinking about it.

Also, it has been very warm at night hasn't it? So I think I will cut down on layers tonight.

Many thanks again.

SH

bookthief Fri 06-Jul-07 12:19:23

How's it going SLH? I really need you to tell me that your ds is now sleeping through again as we've just had our 3rd night of 7mo ds waking at 3am after previously being fine

<hoping-that-this-is-just-a-short-phase smile>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now