Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Waking too early

(6 Posts)
Lurvethecake Mon 25-Jun-07 10:18:03

Have a 11wk old DS.From beginning he's been good at night but recently he's been waking earlier and earlier. Wk before last was 5.30 and last wk has now gone to 4.30am! Have tried dummies (which he sucks for 5 seconds and then spits out) and food (eats and then throws up). I'm wondering if being in our room is waking him. Husbands snores on and off. Anybody got any suggestions?

alexw Mon 25-Jun-07 10:27:28

What time is his first nap of the day? Try moving it a bit later - say 15/20 mins (will be hard for the first couple of days) but that always worked for us.

Lurvethecake Mon 25-Jun-07 10:34:17

He's fed at around 7am and then naps from around 8.45ish. I usually wake him then for a feed around 10.30. Sleeping again at around midday. How much sleep should an 11wk old get? Have tried 'The New Contented Little Baby Book' by Gina Ford. she says around 3 hrs but he needs more than that.

cruisemum1 Mon 25-Jun-07 13:18:29

Forget the books! Your lo is the only one who knows how much sleep he needs. My ds is 9.5mths old and was awake at 5:10am today . I don't know how to fix this with a baby as young as yours. Just go with it for now as it he is very young for permanent routines imo. You can guarantee that one month from now there will be something else to worry about. Oh the joys of motherhood

tassis Mon 25-Jun-07 13:22:09

at 11 weeks if my LOs woke that early I'd just feed them and pop them back to bed...doesn't that work?

Mumpbump Mon 25-Jun-07 13:41:21

I think ds certainly slept better when he wasn't in our room and I slept better too! But I read that statistically, boys are at an increased risk of cot death between 2-4 months because the change to their breathing pattern as they start to learn to make noises so I kept ds in with me until he was 4 mo then kicked him out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now