Talk

Advanced search

Worried about DSs sleep....

(6 Posts)
Northernbeachbum Sat 17-Nov-18 16:27:10

DS is 5.5m, his sleep got really great before the sleep regression and then got awful. Now we're getting better again, but thats not really the worry......he is prone to really really crying out in his sleep, like hes terrified. Is so distressing we end up getting up and cuddling him for ages (it can last up to 15mins at a time). What could it be? And how can we help him??

autumnleaves19 Sat 17-Nov-18 16:28:04

Reflux?

Halloweenallyearround Sat 17-Nov-18 16:35:08

Shock that he's not being cuddled. If your not giving him anything ( medication) and he goes back to sleep in your arms then he wants cuddles and your heat.
Mine slept like a dream on his own and boom it all changed.

Northernbeachbum Sat 17-Nov-18 16:51:43

@autumn leaves it could be but i dont think so, what other symptoms would we see?

@hallkweenallyearround he does self settle initially, i only cuddle him since hes started doing this as he sounds so sad.....but it could well be that! Hes a very cuddly affectionate baby (which I'm loving)

autumnleaves19 Sat 17-Nov-18 17:31:59

http://www.thesleeplady.co.uk/silent-reflux-tips/

List of symptoms above

Northernbeachbum Sat 17-Nov-18 19:20:38

Thank you, he does have some of the signs but only about half, maybe its worth a gp trip

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: