Talk

Advanced search

Getting baby to sleep on her own.

(3 Posts)
Upsydaisymummy Sat 11-Aug-18 16:43:42

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice on how or when my baby will sleep on her own.

She is 20 weeks old, born on due date with no complications to her. Combi fed but after 10pm to 8am ebf.

Ever since she was born she has only slept in my arms (sometimes her Dad's) this is for naps and night time.

I have tried so many times to put her down once she's asleep but she instantly wakes up. She has never self settled and the only way to get her to sleep is by rocking/bouncing and humming. Occasionally once she's exhausted will fall asleep whilst bf. She's doesn't like white noise or anything similar so Myhummy would be pointless. (Currently own Ollie the owl)

I currently sleep propped up with her on my chest and she bf's on demand throughout the night. I have tried laying her next to me but will wake instantly. During the day she will have 4 naps all of which are on me

Just wondered if anyone has been in a similar situation when did your baby sleep on their own.

Please don't advise me to use the CIO method. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

silkpyjamasallday Sat 11-Aug-18 16:50:04

When DD was a Velcro baby I would put a hot water bottle in her space in the cot while I fed her to sleep, then once she was deeply asleep whipped the hot water bottle away and put her into the space. I had to lower her slowly and keep my body in contact with her as she went down then gradually ease away. It did work with some perseverance, maybe give it a go? I think the warm space the hot water bottle created tricked her into thinking she was still cuddled up with mummy.

silkpyjamasallday Sat 11-Aug-18 16:51:05

Also try breast feeding lying down in bed and let her fall asleep on a surface rather than in your arms, gets her used to a flat sleeping surface rather than cuddled.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: