Talk

Advanced search

Serious struggle getting comfy at night

(6 Posts)
Redheadmummy3 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:55:48

Hey all! I am having extreme struggles getting comfy at night does anyone have and tips on positions that can help me out? I have many pillows but none are doing me justice! My bump it enormous I never knew it was such a struggle for pregnant woman🙈 My back is in a lot of pain and baby just won't stop moving when I'm trying to sleep! I either feel like I'm squishing her if I lie on my left or she's sticking her foot out my left side and sliding it about when I'm on my right! Very uncomfortable feeling! Help!!😫

Tumilnaughts Wed 13-Jun-18 20:19:45

Only way I could sleep when I was heavily pregnant was on my side with 2 pillows under my head, one folded under my bump and one folded between my legs. I also went and bought a comfy mattress topper. I suffered from SPD as well so occasionally took a paracetamol for the pain and that helped too.

Good luck getting comfy. I learned there is no such thing as too many pillows.

Redheadmummy3 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:30:46

@Tumilnaughts I have been sleeping with one between my legs but will definitely try folding one under bump tonight! Thank you! I've not been wanting to take any medication during pregnancy always had a struggle swallowing paracetamol as well would probably make me sick now haha! Thank you for your help hopefully get comfy tonight I'm just dreading another 6 weeks of this lol!

StinkySaurus Wed 13-Jun-18 20:31:29

I used to put a towel under my bump towards the end as a pillow was too thick. I also put a thin pillow between my legs.

Hope you find something that works for you. I remember fantasying about being able to lie on my back!

Redheadmummy3 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:36:07

@StinkySaurus Thank you! I will try out a towel and pillow under my bump and see what works best! I know I can't wait till I can again I spend forever in the bath at night wishing I could just sleep like that haha

Tumilnaughts Wed 13-Jun-18 22:18:08

I used to imagine being suspended in weightlessness so my joints would stop hurting.
I hope either the pillow/towel works out for you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: