Talk

Advanced search

Wakes up crying inconsolably

(8 Posts)
Allioli Wed 13-Jun-18 12:52:49

My LO has just woken up from a 20 min nap and has been crying inconsolably for half an hour.

This normally happens in the evening but not in the day like this.

I do understand babies cry, but does anyone else have this? She’s 9 weeks

foxpox Wed 13-Jun-18 13:08:14

Often mine have cried on waking, but are usually consolable fairly quickly. Does she have a temperature or seem poorly? Has she had her vaccinations in the last day or two? Did she have a blanket on her when napping - Maybe she's too cold or too hot?
If she's just crying because she's upset or wanting a cuddle then just hold her, maybe play some music or sing to help distract her. If you thinks she's poorly take her temperature. She's a bit little for calpol outside of vaccination fever though.

Allioli Wed 13-Jun-18 13:13:40

She had her jabs on Thursday and we poorly with a temp but got back to herself again the next day. I spent a while cuddling talking singing and swaying/dancing with her and she doesn’t have a temperature. She has been pretty farty lol so not sure if it’s wind I’ve given her some gripe water and just feeding her now

foxpox Wed 13-Jun-18 13:16:16

Sounds like you've found the problem then - wind! I'm sure once she's deflated she'll be happy again.

Allioli Wed 13-Jun-18 13:25:09

She’s been burping and farting and she’s still completely inconsolable I’ve called the HV but they’ve said get a GP appointment

WilliamLilliam Wed 13-Jun-18 18:23:17

You can't call someone for crying for a hour
Baby is probably tired

Allioli Thu 14-Jun-18 00:58:21

The crying was totally different to normal and the same cry she did when she had her jabs. I asked the Heath visitor who looked at her in clinic and said she looked full of wind so get advice from GP. The gp actually told me to take her to a&e next time she cried like that....which I don’t think I will be doing!

The cries carried on for hours until she exhausted herself but she’s been herself tonight

WilliamLilliam Thu 14-Jun-18 19:45:11

She'll ne fine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: