Talk

Advanced search

Please help! 5 month old sleep habits!

(6 Posts)
mummyoftwo5 Tue 13-Mar-18 09:49:03

So since birth I have bed shared and breast fed to sleep my DD2. I loved this, my problem now is that she wakes after EVERY sleep cycle needing to be nursed back to sleep and therefore is snacking throughout the night, never taking big feeds! She goes down ok, fed to sleep, around 6.30-7pm and will do maximum 1hr before waking again. She starts of in next to me crib before coming in around 10pm when I settle for the night!

Sorry for long post.....where do I start? End goal is cot in own room!

Heeelp! confused

crazycatlady5 Tue 13-Mar-18 10:07:42

You haven’t done anything wrong, this is all normal for some babies. Mine did this until about 11 months (sorry - although it was on and off!) and now she wakes once a night - except last night because she has four teeth coming through sad

mummyoftwo5 Tue 13-Mar-18 11:42:09

I have enjoyed sleeping next to her, it's just we are disturbing each other so much during the night! My eldest DD was always a cot sleeper...but woke pretty much as frequently haha!

mummyoftwo5 Tue 13-Mar-18 11:43:49

@crazycatlady5 though it's good to know your one has got better, it does feel like she will ALWAYS be doing this haha so light at the end of the tunnel!

crazycatlady5 Tue 13-Mar-18 11:47:26

There is that light!! I promise! 😘 we have a cot with the side down and once fed she now crawls over on her own and goes to sleep herself, and stays there until light - it’s like a different child as taken over! As I say unlike last night with the 4 teeth - yikes.

mummyoftwo5 Wed 14-Mar-18 11:27:33

Still need advice on what people have done that worked?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: