Talk

Advanced search

Please help - 10mo old

(11 Posts)
hicketypickety Mon 19-Feb-18 02:40:43

Hello

Hoping for some help/advice/show me I'm not alone if possible...

My 10mo old was a good sleeper - going down at 7 (or thereabouts) and sleeping until 6-7am. About a month ago this all changed - regular night wakings / waking and SCREAMING for several hours etc etc

During this time my LO has been poorly and is teething, however, I'm due to start back at work imminently and I really am struggling to see how I will cope. In the last week I've had no more than three hours a night.

I've considered
- nappy not dirty and not excessively wet
- not hungry as will happily wait until 7.30 for breakfast
- water is always offered (LO doesn't have milk during the night) and sometimes he will drink others not
- teething pain / illness I have tried calpol / teething powder or gel and nothing makes a difference

Really what I'm wondering does anyone have any tips of what I can try to do to help with the sleep. Not averse to sleep training.

Thanks very much

gigi556 Mon 19-Feb-18 03:58:11

Following! 😩

SprogletsMum Mon 19-Feb-18 04:01:36

Also following while I'm sitting here with my screaming 10 month old feeling so tired I could die.

Badwifey Mon 19-Feb-18 04:09:24

It's likely a sleep regression. Around that age they start to realise that you can go away. They're just looking for reassurance. Look up a method called controlled crying. You basically do everything bar pick them up, so rub their head, back etc and shush and soothe. It works if you are consistent.

RaindropsAndSparkles Mon 19-Feb-18 04:11:00

Get his ears checked.

hicketypickety Mon 19-Feb-18 07:23:59

@RaindropsAndSparkles had his ears checked Friday at the Drs so I don't think it's that (been going on for a couple of weeks)

@Badwifey thanks will look that up and give it a go

SprogletsMum Mon 19-Feb-18 10:26:15

Ears is a fair possibility with mine he's had perforated eardrums 3 times before but the GP has said that they don't treat ear infections anyway.
I can't do any crying methods because I have 3 older dc that I don't want him to wake up.
I hope you get some sleep soon @hicketypickety

Chloeeee Mon 19-Feb-18 14:06:42

I'm in exactly the same boat with my little one who is almost 7 months old... no advice but I'm due back at work very soon and I have no idea how I'll cope. I remember my 2 year old having nights like this but I've had this going on for about 3 weeks now 😣 x

gigi556 Mon 19-Feb-18 14:12:20

DS is now 8.5 months and just started this 2-3 nights ago. I realize that's not long in the scheme of things but it's very uncharacteristic. And the screaming! My god it's awful. Have tried teething powder and calpol as I think teeth are coming through but I'm not totally convinced he's in pain... I can handle night wake ups even though we are now used to 0-1 night wakings. It's the not settling back to sleep and screaming when put down.

@Badwifey does controlled crying help them understand you will come back?

hicketypickety Mon 19-Feb-18 14:24:22

@gigi556 the screaming is something else!

Hope everyone manages to get some good sleep soon 🤞🏻

crazycatlady5 Tue 20-Feb-18 12:34:21

8-10 month sleep regression and separation anxiety - controlled crying is the worst thing for separation anxiety.

It’s so tough the regression but it passes. My 1 year old has started only waking once in the night (she was waking every 45 mins between 4-10 months!!!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: