Talk

Advanced search

Feeling sad that I will give up my DS napping on me - am i the only selfish one?

(55 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Wed 14-Feb-18 20:18:48

Sigh. As an alternative to the 'my 4mo DS only naps on me' I'm feeling sad that I am about to start trying puttting DS down for naps....sad hes always napped on me as he doesnt like being lowered into anything.

So wish me luck trying....i think sad

Hope I'm not the only one!

123456kent Wed 14-Feb-18 23:13:36

Me!! All daytime naps on me, except if we are out and about they are in pram or car seat.
If we’re indoors they are cuddled up in bed with me in our pjs (morning nap) or lying on me on the sofa (afternoon naps).
I love it!! It’s such a guilty pleasure for me! I don’t even know why it’s wrong, but its breaking rules and for now I dont care!!
17 weeks... she sleeps quite well at night (alone)

Jellybabie3 Thu 15-Feb-18 00:17:00

Awww

Jellybabie3 Thu 15-Feb-18 07:51:18

Atleast I'm not entirely alone!

123456kent Thu 15-Feb-18 09:27:23

Just enjoying a lovely cuddle nap in bed now, I’ve just woken up, she’s still snoozing. I try and do this when I can as it means I feel great during the day even if I’ve had interrupted sleep at night. It’s a luxury you can only have if baby is your first born, so I’m going ahead and enjoying it while I can!

Jellybabie3 Thu 15-Feb-18 09:36:28

@123456kent does your little one sleep well at night?

I am also having a nap cuddle after an epic fail of putting him down

Jellybabie3 Thu 15-Feb-18 09:42:34

Lol i just realised you already told me that. My DS wakes maybe 4 or 5 times a night confused

123456kent Thu 15-Feb-18 09:52:23

She is between 1, 2 or 3 times a night - for now!! I’m expecting regression to hit soon.
Then maybe I will reconsider our daytime nap routine, but for now it all works for me and her

Spam88 Thu 15-Feb-18 10:03:52

Aw don't feel sad OP, if your little one is anything like mine putting them down for naps will be a disaster and you'll still be having nap cuddles at 9 months 👍

Jellybabie3 Thu 15-Feb-18 10:05:24

@Spam88

That was todays attempt. Does it bother you? Are you still trying?

GMtoBe Thu 15-Feb-18 10:17:00

My 16 week DD also takes all her day time naps on me. It's the only way I can get her to nap for longer than 20 minutes. I've been very unsuccessful at putting her down for her naps but I'm a bit obsessed with the number of hours sleep she gets every 24 hours. Do you put him down in his cot when you try?

ChristmasCakes Thu 15-Feb-18 10:17:20

Also having nap cuddles at 9 months. He stopped sleeping on me a while ago but last week he was sick and feverish and would only sleep on top of me. He's enormous but it was lovely. We bedshare and he often finds me for a cuddle in the night.

OneForTheRoadThen Thu 15-Feb-18 10:24:52

You don't have to! I couldn't bear it either and my 20 month old still has all his naps on me smile

Spam88 Thu 15-Feb-18 10:52:13

Nah I've just accepted it, I miss a lot of parcels though 🙈 she goes down in her cot in the evenings now so I get some time to keep the house vaguely clean and relax a bit, so I've given up trying to put her down for naps.

Jellybabie3 Thu 15-Feb-18 11:03:43

Yeah i try putting him in the next to me cot so feed him on our bed. He just stares at the shadows on the ceiling though. I would cuddle him for naps but I will go back to work when hes a year old

123456kent Thu 15-Feb-18 11:07:35

Same as me with work when she is a year - but that’s so long away, everything will be different by then, so i’m not worrying about that. Enjoy the cuddles!
I posted last week saying same, but said I’m enjoying it and everything in the house gets done when she’s awake so is it really a problem? To us, it’s not!

DigitalGhost Thu 15-Feb-18 11:14:57

Reading this whilst my 6mo naps on me.
She sleeps brilliantly at night and I worry if stop the daytime napping on me she'll just be too grumpy at night to sleep.

amymel2016 Thu 15-Feb-18 11:17:01

My (nearly, sob) 8 month old still sleeps on me during the day and I absolutely love it. He sleeps well at night (touch wood!) in his own cot. I'm keeping daytime naps for me grin

Jellybabie3 Thu 15-Feb-18 12:13:57

Ok thanks all. No idea how i would get ds to nap antwhere else atm

TheSleeperandTheSpindle Thu 15-Feb-18 12:24:55

Erm....I’m currently snuggled up in bed with my 15 month old blush

I woke up at 4.45am this morning and I’m 12 weeks pregnant so a Mummy nap it is grin

Neonlights91 Thu 15-Feb-18 12:33:56

@jellybabie I feel like I am living the same life as you atm, seem to comment on all your posts with the same issue 😂
My DD only naps on me. Tried ‘nap training’ with pick up/put down 2 days ago. NOT successful, very stressful, very upsetting for both of us. And seeing as I’m not prepared to do any form of CC or CIO I can only see it as naps will have to be on me for now!

I might moan but I secretly love having hours of designated cuddle time bear part of me was happy ‘nap training’ failed

Jellybabie3 Thu 15-Feb-18 12:35:56

Haha. 4mo seem little toads grin

Any idea when u will start trying??

JohnLapsleyParlabane Thu 15-Feb-18 12:37:57

Oh I loved napping together with DD. We still occasionally have one at the weekend. I didn't bother moving her to her cot bed for naps until she had transitioned down to one a day.

Unihorn Thu 15-Feb-18 12:38:18

Mine is 15 months and had her first nap in the cot this week, it was like some sort of miracle. I made a cup of tea and everything!! Only lasted 20 minutes though. I don't mind the napping on me too much as long as I have snacks/tea and the remote in easy reach. Keep them for as long as you want I say wink

Jellybabie3 Thu 15-Feb-18 13:10:45

Oh i dont mind as i watch tv but its that 'rod for own back' niggle that makes me ponder. Hes got to learn sometime.

And the fact he wont be lowered down into his dusty cotbed will be a problem when he outgrows his next to ne crib hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: