Talk

Advanced search

How do you get your baby to sleep on their side?!

(4 Posts)
MotherofKitties Wed 14-Feb-18 09:26:19

Hi all,

I have a 6 month old DD who is a terrible sleeper (and has been since she was born) and I've tried everything I can possibly think of to help, and the only thing I haven't tried yet to having her sleep on her side/front.

She's sitting up and rolling over so I'm not particularly worried about her getting into a position she can't get out of, but I do normally swaddle her as she tends to fling her arms around and wakes herself up!

If I wasn't to swaddle her, how could I encourage her to try a different sleeping position? Has it actually worked for anyone (sleeping on their side) whose baby is typically a bad sleeper?

lulu12345 Wed 14-Feb-18 09:37:49

I think if you take the swaddle off she might just roll onto her side or front herself. If she can roll both ways herself then that’s fine you can just leave her. My son did this at about 6 months old. The first night I took him out of his sleepyhead (which kept him stuck on his back) he rolled onto his front and actually slept a lot better. He’s 2 now and has slept on his front pretty much every night since!

MotherofKitties Wed 14-Feb-18 10:20:47

Thanks for your response lulu, I'll give that a go! Xx

lulu12345 Wed 14-Feb-18 10:49:34

Good luck! My boy was a terrible sleeper but going onto his front really helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now