Talk

Advanced search

Can't get the afternoon nap right

(1 Post)
ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Tue 13-Feb-18 14:45:08

Ds is 8 months and for 6-8 weeks has reliably had at least an hour's nap morning and afternoon. The last two weeks though the morning one has been fine but the afternoon one is only 30 mins. It's not a disaster but I'm not sure why it's changed?

The morning one is at least 1 hr 15 min, usually over by 10.30ish. I usually work to a 3 hour awake time between them so watch ds around that time although he's usually not giving any tired signs until more like 3.25/3.5 hours after the first nap. If I ignore this and put him down after 3 hours - which used to work - he'll just cry for longer than I feel comfortable with, and have a short nap. If I work more towards 3.25 hours he'll settle within 5 mins but still have a short nap. The other option is to stretch more like 4 hours but then it's getting late to be having a long nap and I have to cut it short anyway to not mess up bedtime.

Is this the sort of thing that might resolve if I ride it out, or am I just getting my timings wrong?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: