Talk

Advanced search

9 month old stopped sleeping

(10 Posts)
FindingNormal Mon 12-Feb-18 09:52:11

Dd is 9 months, 7 corrected. I've posted on here about her before. She was always a great sleeper, went in her cot awake and settled quickly with a dummy. Just after Xmas she had a throat infection and was on antibiotics which seem to have really ruined her tummy, she's had dreadful poos and is in pain if lying down so will only sleep upright in my or dp's shoulder. Added to this she has started refusing her dummy (teething maybe). She's being seen at paeds re her tummy issues but I'm worried now the cot refusal is becoming more habit than anything else. Dp and I are absolutely fucked and have been existing on very little sleep for over a month now. How do we get her back in her cot? I'm desperate and feeling quite ill because of it.

FindingNormal Mon 12-Feb-18 18:32:07

I keep writing posts asking for help and no one answers! Would be nice to have a hand hold. Feeling very fragile.

crazycatlady5 Mon 12-Feb-18 19:27:31

Hi Op, I’m so sorry you’re struggling. My best suggestions are embrace cosleeping but then it doesn’t have to be no space, can you take one side off the cot and put it next to you? Or ditch the cot and stick a mattress on the floor for baby to sleep on.

9 months was a particairly rough time for me I remember sad

RebeccaNoodles Mon 12-Feb-18 20:22:03

That sounds awful OP, really rough.

Presumably you need to get to the bottom of your DD's discomfort before you start persuading her back into the cot. What do the doctors say? Or do you really think it's not related? Could you prop her mattress and see if she's happier that way? Does she nap better at all in her buggy - that might imply it is the angle? I'm sorry if none of that helps. You must be going nuts. It will settle down I'm sure but I know that's not much help now!

brewthanks

FindingNormal Mon 12-Feb-18 20:26:28

Thankyou both. Yes I'm completely beside myself as is dh. She does seem to nap alright in pram but it takes a lot of walking now the dummy isn't our friend. Seeing paeds tomorrow but just spoke to one of the drs who didn't see to have any plan and was ringing to try to cancel our appointment. Not a chance I'm letting that happen!! She fed to sleep tonight as is now the habit and woke screaming an hour later.

RebeccaNoodles Mon 12-Feb-18 21:03:13

Oh dear. If you have the means I would see a sleep consultant. I used
Andrea Grace who is great, she is also a qualified nurse and health visitor so good on babies with health issues. Loss of dummy may be a blessing in disguise if your DD dropped it voluntarily. My baby still misses hers but she sleeps much better without it!

FindingNormal Mon 12-Feb-18 21:28:23

I just don't know if it's a medical thing or a baby's stopped sleeping because that's what babies do thing. Our first was a dreadful sleeper but always was and things eventually got better, we just did time over tears with her and got there in the end. This is on another level though. I know that dummies are a very mixed blessing but by god it helped this wee thing in the first few months (and she was perm so they gave it to her in scbu to help her learn to suck) so I'm loathe to see it go.

pastabest Mon 12-Feb-18 21:54:13

Congratulations - welcome to the 8-10 month sleep progression.

It's a complete bitch grin but you will get through it.

www.babysleepsite.com/baby-sleep-patterns/8-9-10-month-old-baby-sleep-regression/

www.weebeedreaming.com/my-blog/8/10-month-sleep-regression

pastabest Mon 12-Feb-18 21:55:20

Fucking autocorrect.

Sleep REGRESSION

Progression sounds far too nice.

FindingNormal Tue 13-Feb-18 08:31:57

That's the thing though pasta I don't know if it's a regression type thing or her poorly tummy. It's such a dramatic shift from where she was though.
We never noticed the 8 month regression with our first as we never recovered from the 4 month one. She at least would go in the cot between wake ups though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: