Talk

Advanced search

5 month old only naps on boob

(5 Posts)
Bina1234 Sat 10-Feb-18 21:32:18

My 5 month old little girl has always been a terrible napper. The only way I can get her to have decent naps is by breastfeeding her to sleep and keeping her on the boob for the entire nap. As soon as I remove the nipple, no matter how gently, she wakes up. Have tried replacing it with a dummy, but she's not interested. She will also sleep in the car and in her pram (as long as we're moving), but that's it. If I put her in her cot (drowsy/ asleep) she screams bloody murder.
At night time she's an angel. We change her, I feed her, burp her, put her down (sometimes wide awake), she turns her head to the side and we don't usually hear from her for 11 hours.
I have never met any babies that are in any way similar. Tell me I'm not alone? How can I get her to nap in her cot eventually? Help!

LittleLights Sat 10-Feb-18 21:35:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Scroobius Sat 10-Feb-18 21:39:19

No answers just wanted to say my 4 month old is exactly the same (or was until, what I hope is, a growth spurt hit and we’re up every other hour a night now)

BorahT Sun 11-Feb-18 20:03:21

Sorry you probably don’t want to hear this but my 10mo still only naps on the boob/pram/car! I gave up trying to get him in the cot and it seems the only way to change this is to sleep train which I’m not overly happy about to I have just learned to live with it and catch up on Netflix while I’m pinned. I try to feel lucky that it’s not the other way around and I can still get out of the house and moan to friends over a coffee with the baby attached to my boob about how rubbish it is! Anyway, just wanted to let you know you are definitely not alone!

arbrighton Sun 11-Feb-18 21:04:25

Mine will nap elsewhere but if he needs a longer nap than 40 min, only way really is sit down with catch up tv and leave accessible boob. He's 7 mo.
But I really don't mind and I love our sleepy morning boobynap together when we have those

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: