Talk

Advanced search

Do you have time to get a nice relaxing bath

(7 Posts)
TheRealCinderella Wed 07-Feb-18 22:09:26

When do you get a nice relaxing bath? By that I don't mean how regular do you wash (I do find time for a quick dip every day) I mean when do you find the bloody time! My issue is DH works out of town Monday to Friday. So in all intents and purposes I'm a single parent during the week. My 9 month old still feeds to sleep and will only nap while in my arms (a rod I have created for my own back I know this) we also co sleep and she wakes throughout the night for comfort feeds. We have a bed guard up at one side and I create a high barrier with pillows at the other if I have to go to the loo while she's in bed hmm but I can't leave her like this while I get a nice bath, I usually have to get a quick dip while she is either playing in her travel cot or in her high chair in the bathroom......just want to be able to have a nice relaxing bath during the week. Any success stories from people who went from co sleeping to LO happily sleeping in cot would be appreciated.

user1472206348 Wed 07-Feb-18 22:20:47

I think the last time i had a proper bath was 10 months ago before youngest was born, honestly i barely had time before with 3 others. and even i did get the chance it would be constantly interrupted by "visitors" needing things (lock didn't work)

TheRealCinderella Wed 07-Feb-18 22:30:29

Think I might have to resign myself to the fact I probably won't get chance for another 18 years or so then (sigh)

Gayu Thu 08-Feb-18 01:03:23

I was in the same boat... When She is 10 months I slowly weaned her from breast... It's a month process.. first stopped comfort feed by rocking her... Then stopped night feed... Then stopped morning feed... Try weaning her..

RestingButchFace Thu 08-Feb-18 01:07:04

I don't mean to worry you but I had an 11 year age gap between kids and my nearly 19 year old still finds my bath time the only time she feels the need to talk to me. The rest of the time she is home is spent upstairs. Luckily none of us mind being naked in front of each other 😂

WhoAteAllthePercyPigs Thu 08-Feb-18 01:10:15

I managed to get a bath in when DD got a bit less dependent on me, but it took a while! Usually when DH or visiting family took her out the house - no way I could relax otherwise. Now I've got DS too the chances of a bath happening anytime this year are slim...but when you do get one, it's bloody amazing!

Have you got any nearby family or friends who could take your DD out for a long walk while you bath? It distracts them from wanting a feed and knowing mummy aka food is nearby.

teaandbiscuitsforme Thu 08-Feb-18 05:09:00

I was in exactly the same position with DH being away Mon-Fri and I coslept tooeoth DD too.

I think going to a cot would be hard- a lot of work for you and possibly a lot of tears from your DD. Could you put a mattress down in her room instead? (Single or double) I've just successfully managed to get DS into his own room at 12mo on a double mattress after cosleeping from birth. I feed to sleep and escape but I know he can't go anywhere. We use foam wedge bed guards still and I keep a video monitor on him but I'm less worried about leaving him than when he was in our bed. Used to keep my eyes glued to the monitor then!

As for a bath, we'll probably pre-DD so over 3 years ago! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now