Talk

Advanced search

Stomach sleeping

(2 Posts)
DryIce Tue 09-Jan-18 18:29:35

I don't know if there is a solution to my problem, or if I just need reassurance - but my 5 month old has been rolling from his back to his belly for the last month or so.

Now he's started doing it at night and won't sleep on his back anymore. The guideline say it's ok, but they all assume if he can roll that way he can roll back. Ive never seen him roll belly to back.

I've been very strict about back sleeping from birth, which may have been a mistake as the SIDS website explicitly says the danger is higher for a baby who doesn't usually sleep on their belly!

I've tried flipping him over, but he just rolls back as soon as I'm gone. He's grown out of the co sleeper cot, so I have nowhere else to put him!

Should I just give up and trust to the gods of sleep and himself for getting there, or is there something I can do about this?

(Also many apologies for such a boring post)

FATEdestiny Sat 13-Jan-18 14:06:21

Just practice in the daytime. Once they learn you roll one way, being able up roll the other way quickly follows. Have some focused practice on this in the daytime. Once he can roll both wars it's fine to leave him at night. Until he can, journal should try to keep him on his back. I know it's annoying, but it's just a phase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now