Talk

Advanced search

Help, 3 month old won't nap!

(5 Posts)
AriadneThread Mon 08-Jan-18 13:02:35

My DD is sleeping well at night but rarely naps in the day meaning I can't leave her for a second as she cries. She used to reliably sleep in buggy but that only works some of the time now and sometimes takes ages before she does then she wakes when we get home. Does anybody have ideas?

arbrighton Mon 08-Jan-18 17:21:09

Getting towards 4 month sleep regression probably

FATEdestiny Sat 13-Jan-18 13:59:48

Does anybody have ideas?

Yes.

Naps are very important, you need to prioritise them.

Try a dummy, sucking is nature's way to sooth baby.

Try naps in something that moves. I'd suggest a bouncy chair. Relentless, rhythmic bouncing.

Limit awake time. Baby never wants to be awake more than 2h at a time. Overtiredness makes getting baby to sleep much harder.

AriadneThread Mon 15-Jan-18 16:24:16

Thanks for the suggestions. She spits out the dummy every time and won't sleep in the bouncer... will keep trying though. Any other thoughts?

BentleyBelly Mon 15-Jan-18 21:09:55

We're in the same boat. It gets harder throughout the day, the first nap of the day is the easiest and ds needs to go back to sleep only about 45 mins after waking for the day! This is the only nap he seems to be able to self settle for. After this nap I normally feed him to sleep or he sleeps in the car if we are out and about in the morning. The afternoon naps are the hardest and he sleeps best on me but it's not always possible to sit around all afternoon, we have to do the school run amongst other things. I've had success up to this week with a sling or white noise or the bouncy chair on vibrate. Last few days nothing works until he is completely shattered and it's been a bit of a nightmare. He has however slept well at night, probably because he is exhausted!! I think the key is catching them at the very first hint of being tired but it's not easy.

I remember my dd struggled with naps around the same age and by 6 months she was napping in her cot like pro so it doesn't last forever!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now