Talk

Advanced search

Baby is overtired but won't sleep!

(3 Posts)
Cheekylittlenumber Sun 07-Jan-18 22:12:54

My DD has started creating her own routine which I'm trying to work with. She wakes up around 8 for a feed then is awake for around an hour or so then sleeps again for an hour, and that pattern continues all day.

We found a sweet spot or her having a short nap in the evening around 6pm for half an hour before bath routine. Bath is about 7:30, then I keep her in a dark room with me cluster feeding on and off till she sleeps at around 9:30pm for around 4 hours.

Recently she's refused to have that last evening nap and then becomes totally overcome with tiredness. In fact she's been quite colicky/miserable in the evenings generally since birth.

I've tried bringing bed time earlier but she won't have it and settled at 9:30-10:30 on average.

My first DD was a night owl too (her dad is) but I much prefer to have an early night.

I mostly rock her to sleep in my arms for naps if we're at home as she fights sleep but she does sometimes sleep in her swing chair (secured in it with me supervising) or car seat/pram if we're out.

I don't remember my DD fighting sleep this much but maybe I've just forgotten what tiny babies are like!

She'll never be a 7-7 baby and I rather she not be as I'll never see her when I go back to work and I don't mind her going down at 9ish while she's tiny but it's the fighting sleep I can't cope with. It's so mentally exhausting after a long day.

FATEdestiny Sat 13-Jan-18 13:46:45

You don't say how old she is?

Cheekylittlenumber Sat 13-Jan-18 21:28:04

Sorry she's 14 weeks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: