Talk

Advanced search

8 month old control crying help!

(5 Posts)
Naomi2007 Sat 16-Dec-17 00:03:10

Help! Probably like all parents I can’t cope with the control crying! My nearly 9 month old this last week refused to sleep in his cot so I’ve had him in my bed. DH has been sleeping on sofa but of course that can’t continue so tonight is the night I’m adamant he’s staying in his cot so far it’s been 31 minutes and I hate it! I’m trying to stick it out. Keep getting up and reassuring him. Don’t really know what I need just some hugs and advice

crazycatlady5 Sat 16-Dec-17 16:24:37

Too young for CC in my opinion (not that I think it’s appropriate at any age) but I think most people advise over a year now.

Chaosofcalm Sat 16-Dec-17 18:02:02

There is a good reason you can’t cope with. You are programmed to respond to the needs of your baby so just respond to his needs and give him milk or cuddles or whatever he needs.

I agree with crazycatlady

lorisparkle Sat 16-Dec-17 18:07:18

There are alternatives to controlled crying. I bought a book called ‘teach your child to sleep’ it had lots of practical tips . We did the gradual withdrawal / gradual retreat. It took a while but worked really well and I felt I was actively doing something but not leaving ds to cry

FATEdestiny Sat 16-Dec-17 19:17:52

Naomi2007 - does your baby have any night feeds or wake in the night?

How do you normally get baby to go you sleep?

What's baby's daytime naps schedule?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: