Talk

Advanced search

Where do your babies nap?

(10 Posts)
serenmoon Tue 12-Dec-17 07:17:00

I just wondered where people let their babies nap in the day? Do you always put them down in the cot? My twins are not great sleepers. When they were first born I always put them down in the cot but now it wakes them if I transfer them once they're asleep and they won't settle in the cots during the day. So I've started leaving them to nap where they fall asleep e.g bouncy chair, Tripp trapp newborn seat, Pram etc. always somewhere where I am in the same room. But should I be stricter on making them take daytime sleep in a cot?

FATEdestiny Tue 12-Dec-17 13:18:12

I kept all daytime naps in the bouncer until we got to the stage where naps were long (90m plus) and more routined.

Waterdropsdown Tue 12-Dec-17 16:11:01

With my twins they napped in the pram till DD was just over 6 months and I think my son stayed napping in there till over 7 months. My daughter all of a sudden at 6 months would only sleep for 30 mins in the pram, when previously she slept in there for 2hrs. When under 3 months they just slept wherever they fell asleep (included bouncy chair). Now at 13 months they sleep in the cot but I’m queen of routine grin

mistermagpie Tue 12-Dec-17 16:13:23

Always in the cot from quite early on. I now have two young children who will never ever sleep in the car, pram etc. Don't do what I did, and I did it twice!

user1493413286 Tue 12-Dec-17 16:14:20

Previously DD took all naps in her bouncer; now at 7 months she has them in the pram. I’d like her to sleep in the cot but she seems to hate it in the day and as she’s a good sleeper at night I don’t want to push it plus I can move the pram to whichever room I want her to be in

TheIntrovertedMum Tue 12-Dec-17 16:57:26

If we are out she will sleep in the car but other than that she naps in her cot. She won't sleep in her pram as she's too nosey!

When she was really tiny she napped on my chest gringrin I miss those days!

sacgonflable Tue 12-Dec-17 17:02:46

I have a very nearly 6 month old. He has his first nap of the day in his cot - sort of feel our day gets off to a nice start that way. Our second is normally out and about so pram or sling. At the moment the third is in my bed, attached to my boob. Reading this i realise that I am lucky he will sleep in different places!

Chloris33 Tue 12-Dec-17 17:03:50

In the sling, on me, or in bed next to me after lying down feed - she doesn't transfer to crib well during the day (she's 3 months). Sometimes buggy. X

Ragwort Tue 12-Dec-17 17:08:14

I always put my DS in his cot for a nap, he was happy to self settle and it seemed quieter to me than having him nap downstairs, before everyone jumps down my throat I know that is not what is recommended. grin.

However, I had a child who slept beautifully 7pm - 7am with two long naps a day (at least an hour and a half - two hours) until he was 3 years old.

newmummytonoah2016 Tue 12-Dec-17 21:30:32

My little boy naps in his pushchair and has done since an early age! Only way I can get him to nap usually is if I rock him a few times in it. If he falls asleep in the car I’ll transfer him to the pushchair whenever I’ve got where I’m going to x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: