Talk

Advanced search

Please help. 18 months of screaming before sleep. No end in sight!

(4 Posts)
BiggapTwins Tue 12-Dec-17 01:59:08

Please help me. I am at my wits end. DD has always fought sleep. I cannot take much more. I have both sets of neighbours with newborns who can barely be heard, if at all, yet DD screams so loudly she can be heard across the road! I have tried everything to no avail. Guess I am seeking company in my misery and reassurance that it will stop soon. I certainly cannot take another six months of this. TIA!!!

SleepingStandingUp Tue 12-Dec-17 02:14:55

That's hard going OP.

What is your bedtime routine like?
Is she verbal enough to say what is up?

BiggapTwins Tue 12-Dec-17 02:30:07

The routine is fine. Adaptable slightly due to afternoon nap. I try to get her off to sleep from 7:30pm. DD tends to fight the sleep. If she drops off, it is for an hour. Then up till gone 3am. I have tried no routine too, as well as different sleep times. Irrespective of how tired she is, DD fights the sleep. Was resigned to her being a raver, which I can cope with. The screaming is something else though. I call her Mariah Turner wink

BiggapTwins Tue 12-Dec-17 02:38:19

She has been teething from the get go - Amber Beads are great! She is very verbal and brilliantly communicative. When her gums are hurting she rubs her face.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: