Talk

Advanced search

Does your LO still wake for a bottle during the night?

(7 Posts)
Newmum26 Sun 10-Dec-17 22:18:57

How old is your LO and do they wake for a bottle in the night?
My little boy is just turned 7 Months Old and was sleeping through the night for a while from 3 Months but then went back to waking for a bottle around 3/4am again. He sleeps 7pm - 7.30am and when he wakes for the night feed he literally drinks the whole 7oz and goes right back to sleep like a dream.
I'm 100% sure he's waking because he's hungry as he doesn't take a dummy and doesn't cry just for me to pick him up and he is happy to go right back to sleep after his bottle.
Is this still normal for a 7 month old?

PotteringAlong Sun 10-Dec-17 22:22:11

Yes, it’s completely normal.

Newmum26 Mon 11-Dec-17 07:51:37

Thank you 😊

Missy450 Mon 11-Dec-17 07:54:28

My 7 month old still wakes around once a night for a feed. Could be that he is more active during the day so needs more calories or growth spurt? If he previously slept through, have you tried giving him that extra bottle in the day time?

I keep telling myself it’s completely normal and can take up to a year for babies to sleep through. Then I’m not setting my expectations too high.

PotteringAlong Mon 11-Dec-17 11:28:49

can take up to a year for babies to sleep through. Then I’m not setting my expectations too high.

It can take a lot longer than a year and that’s also completely normal! My eldest didn’t sleep through until 2.5 years old, my middle one did it at about 13 months and my 10 month old still wakes up at least once a night.

keepitgoing Mon 11-Dec-17 13:09:32

That sounds like bliss <15mo who wakes up at 5 unless he's been up in the night unsettled>

FATEdestiny Mon 11-Dec-17 19:00:01

You could try waking baby when you go to bed, say 11pm, and giving the feed then. It might get you a better chunk of sleep.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: