Talk

Advanced search

10 week DD been sleeping pretty much all day

(9 Posts)
KimchiLaLa Thu 07-Dec-17 17:58:47

She had her vaccinations yesterday and was more or less fine, a little grumpy for a few hours after, but we gave calpol as told and she slept for most of the day and night, waking at 4am for a huge feed.

Today she's been awake for feeds (4-5 ounces every 3-4 hours) but then gone straight back to sleep. She had a bath earlier but has slept through me making dinner and the hoover. Basically, I haven't "struggled" to get her to nap at all.

Her feeds did go up massively in the past five days (jumped from 2 ounces to 4/5 which is great).

Should I be worried?

Ummmmgogo Thu 07-Dec-17 18:02:25

no it's a very common side effect of the jabs. try and put your feet up and enjoy the peace and quiet, newborns are hard work xx

RJnomore1 Thu 07-Dec-17 18:03:16

Has she been alert enough when she is awake for her feeds?

KimchiLaLa Thu 07-Dec-17 18:11:41

Yesterday she was, today she's just been quite quiet in my opinion...

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Thu 07-Dec-17 18:14:53

Both of mine slept through the whole afternoon and then only woke for feeds at night after their jabs. Totally back to normal the following day

TotemIcePole Thu 07-Dec-17 18:20:34

You have just reminded me, I think that was one of the rare days my DD slept.

KimchiLaLa Thu 07-Dec-17 20:08:07

She the jabs were yesterday

crazycatlady5 Thu 07-Dec-17 23:47:36

I’m sure she’s fine - I am actually totally jealous as this ‘sleepy’ side effect never happened after any of my daughters jabs 😂

DoublyTroubly Sun 10-Dec-17 07:35:23

My oldest used to get really sleepy the day of and day after jabs too (all 3 lots). Just enjoy the peace

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now