Talk

Advanced search

10 week DD been sleeping pretty much all day

(9 Posts)
KimchiLaLa Thu 07-Dec-17 17:58:47

She had her vaccinations yesterday and was more or less fine, a little grumpy for a few hours after, but we gave calpol as told and she slept for most of the day and night, waking at 4am for a huge feed.

Today she's been awake for feeds (4-5 ounces every 3-4 hours) but then gone straight back to sleep. She had a bath earlier but has slept through me making dinner and the hoover. Basically, I haven't "struggled" to get her to nap at all.

Her feeds did go up massively in the past five days (jumped from 2 ounces to 4/5 which is great).

Should I be worried?

Ummmmgogo Thu 07-Dec-17 18:02:25

no it's a very common side effect of the jabs. try and put your feet up and enjoy the peace and quiet, newborns are hard work xx

RJnomore1 Thu 07-Dec-17 18:03:16

Has she been alert enough when she is awake for her feeds?

KimchiLaLa Thu 07-Dec-17 18:11:41

Yesterday she was, today she's just been quite quiet in my opinion...

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Thu 07-Dec-17 18:14:53

Both of mine slept through the whole afternoon and then only woke for feeds at night after their jabs. Totally back to normal the following day

TotemIcePole Thu 07-Dec-17 18:20:34

You have just reminded me, I think that was one of the rare days my DD slept.

KimchiLaLa Thu 07-Dec-17 20:08:07

She the jabs were yesterday

crazycatlady5 Thu 07-Dec-17 23:47:36

I’m sure she’s fine - I am actually totally jealous as this ‘sleepy’ side effect never happened after any of my daughters jabs 😂

DoublyTroubly Sun 10-Dec-17 07:35:23

My oldest used to get really sleepy the day of and day after jabs too (all 3 lots). Just enjoy the peace

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: