Talk

Advanced search

Noisy jealous toddler!!

(6 Posts)
lizzlebizzle33 Wed 06-Dec-17 11:53:20

Hi DS1 is 20 months and not enjoying the arrival of DS2 now 4 weeks old. The tantrums and jealousy I'm just about dealing with but the most annoying thing is every time I go over to put DS2 down to sleep DS1 follows and starts screaming which makes him cry and I have to rock or usually nurse him again to calm him down. Basically my newborn is getting no sleep in the daytime and is overtired and cranky in the evening when DS1 has finally gone to bed.
What can I do to stop him behaving like this when I go to the baby's crib?

FATEdestiny Wed 06-Dec-17 21:50:06

Have baby napping in the room you are with toddler, rather than having to go anywhere to put baby you sleep. I'd suggest a bouncy chair for naps in the living room.

Gannetseatfish Thu 07-Dec-17 07:48:37

Hiya, i have a 27 month old and a 5 month old and the toddler went crazy when baby first came home. This settled down after 4 months and now he cuddles her so there is hope! I used bouncy chair in living room within a playpen for protection. This worked for the first part. Then I used the buggy parked in the hall or away from the noise and now I mainly try and get her into the crib upstairs. I also used a lot of quavers to distract him which I got her settled, good luck!

lizzlebizzle33 Thu 07-Dec-17 08:08:18

Thanks, I do have baby napping in same room but he still comes screaming over and the travel crib whenever I go to put down or pick up baby, it's like he's developed this extra ear piercing noise especially for the occasion 😩
We're all almost a month in so I guess I'm just going to have to wait it out, just feel so sorry for the baby having to be around this horrid screaming all the time 😩

Gannetseatfish Thu 07-Dec-17 09:54:52

Ooh and I use very loud white noise a lot of the time which helps with general background noise wake ups, probably not with toddler though. It’s so hard to explain, when the baby is asleep I can play with you, so Leave then Alone!

lizzlebizzle33 Thu 07-Dec-17 14:13:27

I know, it's makes me so sad that all he wants is me to play with him but doesn't get that the reason I can't is because he woke the baby up 😂😩

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now