Talk

Advanced search

Night time cough

(7 Posts)
Littleguggi Tue 05-Dec-17 21:57:57

Tried everything for my 15 month old.. cough mixture, honey, warm fluids, vicks on the soles of feet.. but she coughs non stop throughout the night. It's only been 2 nights and I know it can take several days if not weeks for a cough to pass. It only seems to bother her at night time. Does anyone else have any other remedies that may help?

Beetlebum1981 Tue 05-Dec-17 22:13:22

Someone suggested a humidifier to me once to put some moisture into the air, they swore it worked for their ds.

Rubyslippers7780 Tue 05-Dec-17 22:14:54

Our dr told us to wet a cloth and rub vicks into it and put over the radiator.

Beetlebum1981 Tue 05-Dec-17 22:16:49

This kind of thing http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4836902

PasstheStarmix Tue 05-Dec-17 22:17:01

You could try lying your dd to sleep on slight incline as the mucus build up could be worsening the coughing hence why mainly happening when laying down. Also humidifier is a good good idea but it depends what kind of cough your ds has, dry or tickly?

Believeitornot Tue 05-Dec-17 22:17:49

Clear all soft toys away or give them a good wash and dry.
Wet dust the area around her bed or cot thoroughly. Every single surface. All the crevices between the cot bars, pull out the cot/bed and wipe the walls and skirting. So this after vacuuming. Clean all bedding.

I did this because when I’m coughing at night, I’m more sensitive to dust (the same in the summer when I have bad hayfever). It makes a huge difference to my dcs night coughing as well as mine.

endofthelinefinally Tue 05-Dec-17 22:19:18

A night time cough is a classic symptom of asthma.
Does anyone smoke in the house?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: