Talk

Advanced search

Almost 6 month old having too much EBM?

(3 Posts)
user1464892847 Sat 02-Dec-17 20:29:19

I'm hoping someone can just advise me if I'm giving my DS (who's almost 6 months) too much milk?
I express for him because a) I went back to work when he was 12 weeks and b) he was a preemie and never got the hang of BF.
Anyway I'm still happy to express and have a great supply. Over supply almost!!! My question is he drinks upto 6/7 9onz bottles a day!!! We're not weaning yet as I was waiting till 6 months as per guidelines but he just needs so much milk and is a huge 26lbs! (Daddy's 6"7 so it doesn't surprise me) but does anyone think that's too much?

FATEdestiny Sat 02-Dec-17 21:37:43

My baby was on the 91st centile line. She was drinking 7 or 8 bottles of 8oz (drinking about 7oz of the bottle) from 5 months until about 7 months old.

She had feeds every 2h to 2h30m through the daytime and a dream feed.

crazycatlady5 Wed 06-Dec-17 10:58:57

I think it’s pretty difficult to overfeed a baby on breastmilk - but maybe that is just breastfeeding hmm not too sure. But if he’s happily drinking it all I’d suggest he needs it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: